Bad record on transcription

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

josh1003

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys... I hope to ask my problem because my general chemistry2 grade is really bad.
I think it is going to D or F. If I retake the class, can I apply and be accepted by dental school?
I really worry about the record remain on my transcription..
do I have a way which remove the letter D or F on my transcription?

Members don't see this ad.

try to improve and do better!

I graduated in 2010 and by the time I graduated, I had about 8 F's on my transcripted.:eek:
I had to work hard to show the schools that I am a capable student but I finally got a couple of acceptances on 12/3.

Having a F on your transcript does not mean you can't get in.
You just have to work harder, and obviously try not to get a lot of F's like I did! :laugh:

I graduated in 2010 and by the time I graduated, I had about 8 F's on my transcripted.:eek:
I had to work hard to show the schools that I am a capable student but I finally got a couple of acceptances on 12/3.

You just have to work harder, and obviously try not to get a lot of F's like I did! :laugh:

Wow, that is pure dedication.
OP, just improve any way possible and retake.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you can withdraw from the class with a WP then I would drop it and retake it. If it is a WF if you withdraw, AADSAS will calculate it as an F so you might as well just finish the course and then retake it.

:laugh:Not laughing at you, just your thread title. I think maybe you've been studying too much biology instead of chemistry. Having a bad transcription could be much worse than a bad mark on your transcript!

:laugh:Not laughing at you, just your thread title. I think maybe you've been studying too much biology instead of chemistry. Having a bad transcription could be much worse than a bad mark on your transcript!

Definitely a lot worse! LOL :p

thank you dshope.. that's exactly what I'm asking..
Ir2014, cwoodds: haha.. sorry for poor English..

emerald13: Thank you for your advise, but may I ask what is WP?
It is too late to withdraw.. I'll take final tomorrow.

thank you dshope.. that's exactly what I'm asking..
Ir2014, cwoodds: haha.. sorry for poor English..

emerald13: Thank you for your advise, but may I ask what is WP?
It is too late to withdraw.. I'll take final tomorrow.

Theres a very good chance that you missed the 'withdraw' period at your school...its generally 2-3 weeks before the semester ends... sounds like You're basically stuck with the grade. Retake the course and get an A next semester

Theres a very good chance that you missed the 'withdraw' period at your school...its generally 2-3 weeks before the semester ends... sounds like You're basically stuck with the grade. Retake the course and get an A next semester

Though I see the necessity in getting an A, make sure you can commit enough time to get that A. For example, if you can't handle multiple science courses right now, spread them out (I know I had to at the beginning of my undergrad) and intersperse them with GE's and what not. It'll make the science classes more manageable, and it'll give you a nice balance until you can settle in and take more science classes at once.

Good luck though, keep trying, and it'll pay off for sure! :)

josh: all kidding aside, you have plenty of time to make this up. I dropped out of the AF Academy my first semester of college, ended up with 6 WF's, which as someone mentioned before, AADSAS calculates as F's. Just make sure you buckle down and get an A next time.

Agree. Same boat here and I got in.