Bad Sophmore Year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureSalvadorMD

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I wanted people's advice on my situation.
Currently I have a 2.7 cum gpa and I just finished my 2nd year at a state school. I failed one class and got a D in another class because my dad lost his job and I needed to work more in order to help pay rent. I currently work 3 jobs and I am devestated with my GPA and grades this quarter. Is there anything I can do to still go to Med School?
I am currently working on clinical trials with an MD I met at one of my jobs. Does that count for anything?
Thanks in advance!

P.S. I do plan on retaking the classes.

Members don't see this ad.

Withdraw from any classes when you get hit with a bad life event.

Do NOT attend school until mentally, you're on your feet and can give your 100%.

Take part-time classes.

Ace everything from now on. You still have plenty of time to recover, just make good choices. Nothing will counteract bad grades except good grades.

Hello everyone!
I wanted people's advice on my situation.
Currently I have a 2.7 cum gpa and I just finished my 2nd year at a state school. I failed one class and got a D in another class because my dad lost his job and I needed to work more in order to help pay rent. I currently work 3 jobs and I am devestated with my GPA and grades this quarter. Is there anything I can do to still go to Med School?
I am currently working on clinical trials with an MD I met at one of my jobs. Does that count for anything?
Thanks in advance!

P.S. I do plan on retaking the classes.