Quantcast

Bad teeth looking into Dental Profession

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Receptive

• Yes

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

StudentofHonors

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi dental scholars! I have a question - lets say a predental student had bad teeth, like gaps, yellowness and stuff, and wanted to become a dentist, how receptive would the dental people be to that?

Junebug1665

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't like getting my hair cut by a hairdresser who doesn't take care of her own hair...this seems kind of similar to me. My dentist has great teeth though so I guess I would have to be in the situation to really know how I would feel.

finchy86

Reaction score
Hi dental scholars! I have a question - lets say a predental student had bad teeth, like gaps, yellowness and stuff, and wanted to become a dentist, how receptive would the dental people be to that?

If a predent has bad teeth and then by the time he starts practicing has good teeth I think it is fine. However, if a practicing dentist has bad teeth then I wouldn't go to them. A predent can have bad teeth...

HeadgearBraces

Reaction score
You probably couldn't ask a question at a worse time than now with everyone focused on acceptances :rolleyes: haha just kidding

To answer your question, I wouldn't say it counts you out but it certainly wouldn't help your case. Would you want a physician who weighs 400lbs to tell you that you need to lose weight? If you don't take care of your own teeth, what will prove to them that you will put all of your effort into taking care of another person's teeth? I'm definitely not saying you need a perfect set of chompers, but I would say do your best taking great care of them from now on

shootingstar7

Reaction score
Well for admissions purposes it shouldn't hurt u, although I think dentists do judge people by their teeth to a certain degree. But not all predents r fortunate to have orthodontia and great dental care all their lives. Maybe u could use it to your advantage.