Balancing Pre-Pharm and Work?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PA_dud3

PA-S1
Moderator Emeritus
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Question for 2 Year Pre-Pharm Students who worked as a technician while in school, how hard was it/is it for you to balance your coursework with working part time as a tech? What are some of the best places to work as a tech (in terms of chains or hospitals)? I'm taking the two year track at Wingate and I'm not sure how rigorous the coursework will be. The credits required for entry into WUSOP are 61-67 credit hours, I already have some from high school, but for the most part I will be doing all the required coursework.

Also, should I even pursue a job at a hospital? I think I would enjoy it but working in retail I have no experience doing sterile compounding and little experience with non sterile compounding, however I am certified so I guess I could try to apply for some positions in a hospital.

Lastly, did anyone do their undergrad at Wingate? What are your opinions of the school and coursework? I really enjoyed my tour and time with the Pharmacy program, but I'd like to hear some other opinions.

Sorry if these question come up alot, I didn't have much luck searching for similar questions.

Thank you all for any help you can provide!

Dd3.

Members don't see this ad.

Just keep up with your studies as the semester goes so that your work is not getting in the way of your education. Work during the weekends (or a day that you don't have classes)