Baltimore Programs: Johns Hopkins vs. Sinai

Started by Courtknee
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Courtknee

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Due to my spouse's job, it looks like I will be ranking the two Baltimore programs as my top choices. I would really appreciate your advice/opinions on both programs so that I can figure out which one I should rank first. I like different things about each program, but I really want some outside perspective on this. ANY HELP would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!
 
Feel free to send me a private message if you don't want to post on this thread. Thanks!!
 
Feel free to send me a private message if you don't want to post on this thread. Thanks!!
Brian Kraback used to be the PD at Hopkins,a nd is now at UW. I bet if you called him, he would give you an unvarnished insiders view from the faculty perspective.
 
I asked an attending currently working at Hopkins who trained at Sinai about the differences between the two programs the other day (I was shadowing). The main differences between the two programs was best summed up in her words, "Do you want to know how to Rehab zebras, or common conditions?" Since Sinai was more of a community program, you get many of the common disorders. Hopkins, is well...Hopkins. The second thing she told me was that if you want to research more as a resident, then Hopkins would be better because of the amount they have going on there. Sinai doesn't have a whole lot of infrastructure for research and "Why would it? Its a community setting."

She said overall, she really enjoyed training at Sinai and has no regrets about it. She feels well prepared for practice and only had good things to tell me about it. From talking to residents at both programs, it sounds like you would do fine from either one. I hope that helps!