Baltimore & Washington Post Bac Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anonsouthernbel

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. So far I have applied and been accepted to Georgetown and American's Post Bacc program. I have started but not quite completed the applications for JHU and Goucher. Two questions:

1. Please rank these four programs. (Between the DC schools I am leaning toward Georgetown and between the Baltimore schools I am leaning toward Goucher).

2. Do you think it is too late for me to apply to JHU and Goucher?

Thank you for your help and suggestions!

Members don't see this ad.

Of course, this is all subjective:

1. Goucher > JHU > Georgetown > American.

From what I've read here on SDN the last two might be switched around simply because of how horrible the Georgetown program appears to be organized. American might not have the name Georgetown does, but they do have a decent matriculation rate to medical school. I would look into this matter a bit further, if I were you.

2. This all depends on how strong of an applicant you are. Objectively, however, you will have to on average be a stroner applicant applying this late in the game than if you were to have applied earlier on.

Of course, this is all subjective:

1. Goucher > JHU > Georgetown > American.

From what I've read here on SDN the last two might be switched around simply because of how horrible the Georgetown program appears to be organized. American might not have the name Georgetown does, but they do have a decent matriculation rate to medical school. I would look into this matter a bit further, if I were you.

2. This all depends on how strong of an applicant you are. Objectively, however, you will have to on average be a stroner applicant applying this late in the game than if you were to have applied earlier on.

Thank you - I will definitely look into the American/Georgetown programs further.

Members don't see this ad :)
Georgetown is already sending out acceptances ?

wow you were accepted already that is fast! When did you apply to Georgetown?

question: would my application get looked at before submitting my mcats? or would they hold off? the only reason i ask is that im not gonna be taking my mcats till may..and the scores are usually released within 4 weeks according to the site