Ban Bisphophonate from inpatient setting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZpackSux

Retired
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Why should we give it to patients in the hospital. I say take it off the formulary and not dispense it to patients while they are hopitalized. What do you think?

Discuss.

Members don't see this ad.

only if we can ban neulasta and sandostatin LAR

bisphophonate for osteoporosis or for cancer?

Members don't see this ad :)
only if we can ban neulasta and sandostatin LAR

Oh..I can help you guys control neulasta... but y'all have to pay me...:smuggrin:

heck....most of those are outpatient meds... hopefully you guys are getting reimbursed... or do you qualify for DSH 340B?

oral bisphosphonate for osteo.
Works for me. The half-life of these things is forever and a day, so missing a few weeks probably wouldn't hurt. And, less risk for esophageal irritation and erosion, since hospital patients like to lie in bed.

Works for me. The half-life of these things is forever and a day, so missing a few weeks probably wouldn't hurt. And, less risk for esophageal irritation and erosion, since hospital patients like to lie in bed.

Ding Ding Ding!!!! WE haves us a winner!! :thumbup:

Thanks for participating in this weeks Zpack's "Hmmm, Let’s Think About It™"

btw, what kinda wheel is that?

nope, no 340B. just a very loose interpretation of what the word formulary means.

Why not give it. Gives you another pill you can charge the patient $500.00 to cover pharmacy services, administration fees, janitor fee, parking lot fee ect.....

Why not give it. Gives you another pill you can charge the patient $500.00 to cover pharmacy services, administration fees, janitor fee, parking lot fee ect.....

We can charge all we want... but DRG fee couldn't careless about each drug line item