Bands!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RedSoxSuck

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,
Quick question regarding the performance bands on CBSSA. For example, band representing performance in cardiovascular takes into account everything pertaining to cardiovascular (embryo, anatomy, phys, path, pharm, genetics, histo etc) ? And bar/band pertaining to "pathology" takes into account pathology of every system etc?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes.

While we're on this topic, does anybody know how to find a breakdown of the total number of questions in each system/discipline on each NBME test? I just took NBME 11, and they told me that I missed 13 path questions, which was disappointing... but my band looks pretty good, so maybe it's not so bad if 100 of the 200 questions were marked as "path". But the bands are so wide that it's hard to tell exactly how well I did.

Yes.

While we're on this topic, does anybody know how to find a breakdown of the total number of questions in each system/discipline on each NBME test? I just took NBME 11, and they told me that I missed 13 path questions, which was disappointing... but my band looks pretty good, so maybe it's not so bad if 100 of the 200 questions were marked as "path". But the bands are so wide that it's hard to tell exactly how well I did.

Did you purchased extended feedback nbme11? If yes, then it should tell you. If not then hard luck.

Yes.

lol just realized that you must have bought extended feedback nbme, since you said you missed 13 pathology questions, If you click on pathology it should take you to that particular question.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes.

Yea, just click on the number of incorrect response and it will lead you to the ones you missed.

On a different topic. Did you check out my other thread. I feel really stupid and kinnda seems i have been Dic***** around all day. All the hard word and absolutely nothing to show for it.

It tells me how many I missed, but it doesn't tell me how many total questions there were in that section. I'd like to know what my percentage correct was... i.e. missing 13 out of 30 is probably unsatisfactory, but missing 13 out of 100 isn't so bad.

It tells me how many I missed, but it doesn't tell me how many total questions there were in that section. I'd like to know what my percentage correct was... i.e. missing 13 out of 30 is probably unsatisfactory, but missing 13 out of 100 isn't so bad.

I dont think there is a way of knowing how many "total" questions were in a particular section. You can only see how many you answered incorrectly per sections and total (out of 200)