bankruptcy and private loans

Started by goonie
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

goonie

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering if anyone knew what sort of impact a bankruptcy would have on me being able to get the medical school senior year private loans for residency application/moving costs. Obviously I know I would need a cosigner but will private lenders still turn me down with a qualified cosigner? Thanks.
 
If you have filed a bankruptcy, and it was not reported by the bankruptcy court than it is possible to have it removed. Lots of people have done it. Otherwise, avoid bancruptcy at all cost. It is very possible to fix your credit. Mine went from horrible to good.