Banks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

medgrlsox21

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Which bank do you use? I currently have keybank and a credit union from my small town. I constantly have to transfer money from my savings to my checking so I don't have to have fees. Is there a bank in NY or even better US that offers, checking, savings and online bill pay without fees?

thanks 🙂
 
I have both a fifth third bank account and a chase bank account. Both have free checking, abundant atm's, and free online banking that lets u transfer between saving and checking anytime for free and can pay bills. They also have free debit/credit cards which I use about 15 times a day for everything
 
I bank with Charles Schwab...they have free atm use at anyone in the nation, debt card, on line bill pay, and the best feature...they give you 2% back.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wamus the best in my opinion look into their online savings accnt and free checking account
 
wamus the best in my opinion look into their online savings accnt and free checking account

aside from the fact that they are about the most hypocritical bank out there and have been on the verge of going under for sometime now
 
I use wachovia's student account that's basically a check account with a Debit/credit card that you can enroll in for points and crap. No fee for me at least and they do have online access etc.
 
Wachovia strictly for Stafford loans, B. of America for all the other bills, & Capital One money market. Once I'm an attending, I plan to transfer the majority offshore so my assets can't be counted if some dickhead is considering a lawsuit 😀
 
I bank with Charles Schwab...they have free atm use at anyone in the nation, debt card, on line bill pay, and the best feature...they give you 2% back.


Ditto. It's great and was actually at 4% checking last year before rates went down nation-wide. You can also transfer immediately between checking and brokerage for free.