Barnes Jewish Anesthesia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DO 04

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think Wash U has a great program but yet doesnt seem to get mentioned that much. I am concerened that they didn't fill half of their spots last year. During my interview I was told it was due to a combination of the program ranking too top heavy and that last year's CA-3 class had poor morale. Is there anyone who interviewed there last year (or last year's CA-3 class) that can tell me what they felt about the program? Any input would be greatly appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

Hi DO,

I'm a CA-1 right now at BJC. I believe last year's match was a fluke. You'd have to go back several years to find a time when Barnes didn't fill (probably back to when no one was going into gas). I remember in my match U of M didn't fill 7 or 8 spots that year. Still an excellent program, but these things just happen. THe reasons you listed are the same reasons I think we didn't fill last year.

As for the morale, I personally don't see a poor morale with our residents. I feel that we're overall a friendly happy group. ALthough you'd be the judge of that when you interviewed here. There will be days you will work hard, but they're definately not the majority. Overall, I myself am happy with my decision to train here.

Good luck with the match!

Hope this helps,
TRG