Barron's PAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DMD_DREAMING

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have taken practice test in Barron's and Kaplan, and I find the Barron's PAT to be much harder. I have seen several post in here that say the actual DAT's PAT is harder, and one can expect to see around a 2-3 pt drop. Well, with Kaplan, I got a 18 on a practice test and with Barron's I only got a 16. However, there was like a 12 question difference in the numbers that I got right and wrong between the two different practice test. I was curious as to whether anyone else in here has a similar pattern with these two sources because two points off a 16 is a 14 and that is no good if you want to be accepted. Thanks everybody.

Members don't see this ad.

I know the Barron's is more difficult. As far as the grading system goes, barron's and kaplan might be different...bottom line, do not worry about your scores so much. Just keep practicing to boost your skill and timing, that is what counts on the real thing.

i haven't taken my DAT yet, but I have been browsing these forums for a little over a year now....everybody says that the barrons is what you wanna study for the PAT; and ONLY for the PAT.

Barron's is definitely a great help for the PAT. Also, check out Kaplans advice for the cube section. For the rest of the DAT I found that the actual test, except for bio, was easier than Barron's, Kaplan, or Topscore's practice test. So hang in there and keep studying.

simpsonj24 said:
Barron's is definitely a great help for the PAT. Also, check out Kaplans advice for the cube section. For the rest of the DAT I found that the actual test, except for bio, was easier than Barron's, Kaplan, or Topscore's practice test. So hang in there and keep studying.

Thanks for everyone's replies. To follow up, if I can do alright on Barron's, then is it safe to say that on the actual DAT my PAT will not change significantly. (Say drop from a 16 to 14 based solely on the the difference of difficulty between the two).