Barron's PAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BigJ77

BlackIce
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone take the first PAT test in the Barron's DAT book? To be specific, the angles were no joke in the test A portion. Are the angles on the DAT just like Barrons? Thanks!
j

Members don't see this ad.

I did not take the DAT, but the Barron's PAT is not a good example for DAT's PAT. If you want a realistic approach either buy the Kaplan's or TopScore's test CDs.

786mine said:
I did not take the DAT, but the Barron's PAT is not a good example for DAT's PAT. If you want a realistic approach either buy the Kaplan's or TopScore's test CDs.

wow I thought that barrons was dead on to what I took on the DAt. I am not sure what that other person looked at.

did they even take the dat?

Hello

Angle ranking is supposed to be one of the give away sections... Just use the strategies given in Barron by looking at the tips of the angles and answer elimination method and you should be able to get this section completed in 5 - 7 minutes with an easy score of (13-15)/15.

TopScore and Kaplan are far from ideal in preparing candidates for the actual PAT (too easy plus TopScore questions repeat). None of the guides can surpass acethedat and DAT Achiever (featured with 3D explanations) as far as acing the PAT is of greatest concern!

Members don't see this ad :)
I had bought the Barrons book a year ago and its just really flawed in about everything. Most of their biology and chemistry sections have errors, and the small tips they do offer for the PAT are either common sense, or you can read it in the store within about 5 mins. Not worth to buy...don't buy it!

GENERAL TSO said:
wow I thought that barrons was dead on to what I took on the DAt. I am not sure what that other person looked at.

did they even take the dat?

Does anyone else feel this way about Barrons? I know from practice it is harder than Kaplan or Topscore. I averaged a 19 and 20 on Barrons and got 22-23 on the other two.