Barron's Pcat book

Started by shaq786
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

No book is perfect to study for pcat. All u can do is figure what your weaknesses are and work hard(means read different material/books) on those areas and practise & practise....
 
drugdoc said:

Thanks for the tip. I just got that book along and am still waiting on Kaplan's 2006 book. Barron's book had made me over confident. I cant wait to see what Kaplan can dish out at me.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I first read the Barron's and did the problems, then Kaplan, which was more extensive, but well worth reading. I found Barron's to be a bit too general. I have been studying everything - old textbooks, Cliff's, PCAT books, etc.
 
Assuming we are talking about the green book, (can't remember what edition it was and i'm too lazy to look right, though it was definately older) I think that Barron's biology and chemistry questions were a lot easier than what was on the actual test. The math was not comparable of course because there was no calculus in the review since it was just added in the last couple years. I didn't find it too helpful, but it I guess it is a decent review for the basics of each subject.
 
shaq786 said:
What is your opinion on Barron's Pcat book?


Barron's PCAT review is disgustingly horrible! i feel like i am in 6th grade. Its way too simplified and definitely under-prepares you for the exam. 👎