1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Barron's Test A

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by busdent, Aug 6, 2006.

1. busdent

2+ Year Member

Hey Guys,

I just bought the Barron's "How to prepare for the DAT" today and I took the first practice test in it. I actually just started studying for the DATs last week because I got done with Ochem I&II a week and half ago..I plan on taking the DAT around the first week of Sept. So here's what I am wondering.

Is the Barron's test good representation of the actual DAT?

Will I be ready in 30 days?

How bad are these scores?

I have been studying off the Kaplan book and I now I have Barron's and Sachum's Biology books also, would that be sufficient?

I know I am asking a lot of questions but I am nervous now and you guys are great.

so scores:

AA: 18.2
    TS: 18
    Bio: 17
    Chem: 17
    Orgo: 19
    RC: 19
    QR: 19

PAT: 16 :( :( :(

Thank you so much.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. midwestboy

midwestboy Member
    7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    i wouldn't trust barron's to get me ready for the sciences...its more of a spotty outline...its GREAT for the PAT though...schaum's is excellent for sciences though...you might want to check for errors also

4. slayerdeus

slayerdeus Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Barron's is good for PAT.
    Kaplan is good for GChem.
    Schaums is good for Bio.
    I have yet to find anything that is sufficient enough for Ochem beside my old textbook.

5. busdent

2+ Year Member

I know those scores are pretty horrible but if anybody's taken the that test, what do you think the difficulty level of the test? thanks guys

6. MoobDDS

MoobDDS Member
    2+ Year Member

Don't waste time on Barron's Sciences. It's good for PAT though. I'd recommend you just buy the Kap blue book and then look for all of the free materials here. Blue Book =$50 only.

7. busdent

2+ Year Member

has anybody else taken the barron's test A?

8. HopefulPredent

HopefulPredent Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I took that test a few weeks ago and I think I averaged around 20 on everything. The bio section is a little too detailed. The PAT is pretty good. The chemistry... ehh... I don't know, because the real DAT is supposed to be easier than the Kaplan, and Barron's was easier than the Kaplan. The math is pretty easy. So, like a lot of people have been writing, Barron's is good for practicing the PAT. I'll let ya know in a few days after I take the real thing! I'm FREAKING OUT!