Barron's Test A

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

busdent

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I just bought the Barron's "How to prepare for the DAT" today and I took the first practice test in it. I actually just started studying for the DATs last week because I got done with Ochem I&II a week and half ago..I plan on taking the DAT around the first week of Sept. So here's what I am wondering.

Is the Barron's test good representation of the actual DAT?

Will I be ready in 30 days?

How bad are these scores?

I have been studying off the Kaplan book and I now I have Barron's and Sachum's Biology books also, would that be sufficient?

I know I am asking a lot of questions but I am nervous now and you guys are great.

so scores:

AA: 18.2
TS: 18
Bio: 17
Chem: 17
Orgo: 19
RC: 19
QR: 19

PAT: 16 :( :( :(

Thank you so much.

Members don't see this ad.

i wouldn't trust barron's to get me ready for the sciences...its more of a spotty outline...its GREAT for the PAT though...schaum's is excellent for sciences though...you might want to check for errors also

Barron's is good for PAT.
Kaplan is good for GChem.
Schaums is good for Bio.
I have yet to find anything that is sufficient enough for Ochem beside my old textbook.

I know those scores are pretty horrible but if anybody's taken the that test, what do you think the difficulty level of the test? thanks guys

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't waste time on Barron's Sciences. It's good for PAT though. I'd recommend you just buy the Kap blue book and then look for all of the free materials here. Blue Book =$50 only.

busdent said:
has anybody else taken the barron's test A?

I took that test a few weeks ago and I think I averaged around 20 on everything. The bio section is a little too detailed. The PAT is pretty good. The chemistry... ehh... I don't know, because the real DAT is supposed to be easier than the Kaplan, and Barron's was easier than the Kaplan. The math is pretty easy. So, like a lot of people have been writing, Barron's is good for practicing the PAT. I'll let ya know in a few days after I take the real thing! I'm FREAKING OUT!