Barron's vs real DAT

Started by tutankh
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tutankh

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How do Barron's Practice Exams (overall) compare to the real thing (i.e. About the same/easier, much easier/difficult/most difficult)?
 
Well, so far I averaged about 17's on the 2 exams (I have not finished studying yet, but took the exams to point out my weaknesses), will this be a good indicator of my performance on the real thing?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not yet. In fact I am looking for one that will be valid until at least Oct.

I only took Barron?s' exams to give me an idea as to where I need to concentrate.

I am reviewing right now and I should finish by the end of this month. After that I will devote about 3 weeks for practice exams and final review before I take the test.
 
umc27 said:
tutankh: Have you purchased Topscore? If so, how well are you doing on their exams?

how helpful is the topscore cd? I have it and i dont know if i should wait until im done studying before i use it or not? any advise?
 
Topscore is extremely helpful... definately buy it. I would start taking the practice tests about 3 weeks before your DAT, though it really varies on the person.
 
umc27 said:
Topscore is extremely helpful... definately buy it. I would start taking the practice tests about 3 weeks before your DAT, though it really varies on the person.

I agree...Besides pointing out your areas that need improvement, it acclimates you to the format and layout of the exam and this will save you valuable time.