Barry 1st year classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JEWmongous

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just was reviewing the schedule of the fall freshman term at Barry and it seems much lighter in hours than a number of pod schools along with no classes on Fridays. It also starts later than a number of programs so you have a similar situation as undergrad, starting classes at the end of August. Can any students comment on the 1st term at Barry (how difficult, organized, etc)?

Members don't see this ad.

Just was reviewing the schedule of the fall freshman term at Barry and it seems much lighter in hours than a number of pod schools along with no classes on Fridays. It also starts later than a number of programs so you have a similar situation as undergrad, starting classes at the end of August. Can any students comment on the 1st term at Barry (how difficult, organized, etc)?

The first semester wasn't too bad, as compared with second semester so far. Gross Anatomy is honestly the most demanding course, followed by biochem and then Histology. There are no lectures on Friday, but we either had Gross Lab or Histology Lab on Friday. It seemed to work out that we had either a quiz or a test every week, very rarely 2 tests in one week until we got to finals. So as long as you stay on top of the material first semester is very doable.

The first semester wasn't too bad, as compared with second semester so far. Gross Anatomy is honestly the most demanding course, followed by biochem and then Histology. There are no lectures on Friday, but we either had Gross Lab or Histology Lab on Friday. It seemed to work out that we had either a quiz or a test every week, very rarely 2 tests in one week until we got to finals. So as long as you stay on top of the material first semester is very doable.

Cool sounds good. Just curious, do you know about the Barry pod graduation? I heard the grads are lumped in with the undergrads on commencement day.

Cool sounds good. Just curious, do you know about the Barry pod graduation? I heard the grads are lumped in with the undergrads on commencement day.
I haven't gotten the ceremony details for this year yet, but as far as I know, Barry's podiatry program graduation has always been on campus (Broad Auditorium) as a separate event from the main. The white coat ceremony for students finishing 2nd year students also held there.

I think it's nice to have pod grad separate since the main graduation, at an auditorium off campus, has hundreds of grad+undergrad students walking across the stage and takes a few hours. I went to c/o '07 pod graduation, and it was over in less than an hour.