Barry 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

natoush

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I currently placed my deposit for barry podiatry but as time nears for the semester to begin, I have yet to receive any information from the school regarding class schedules or classmates. I know that typically there is a Facebook Group but I also haven't heard from them nor can I find them online. I would appreciate some guidance or answers!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I currently placed my deposit for barry podiatry but as time nears for the semester to begin, I have yet to receive any information from the school regarding class schedules or classmates. I know that typically there is a Facebook Group but I also haven't heard from them nor can I find them online. I would appreciate some guidance or answers!

Hey click on the link to read some info that may be helpful to you and to get the link to the facebook page. Barry University School of Podiatric Medicine Class of 2021

You won't know class schedule (from the school) until orientation.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who have been accepted to Barry's Pod Program, how tough was the interview? I have mine next week and am super anxious! Have heard so many great things about the program. How long after the interview did they tell you that you were accepted and do you know how many students are in the your class so far?? (CLASS OF 2021)

For those who have been accepted to Barry's Pod Program, how tough was the interview? I have mine next week and am super anxious! Have heard so many great things about the program. How long after the interview did they tell you that you were accepted and do you know how many students are in the your class so far?? (CLASS OF 2021)
It's not to bad, they just give you questions based on your application. The weirdest question I got was if I'm the chicken or the egg. But it's straightforward. Good luck!

The weirdest question I got was if I'm the chicken or the egg.

Great interview question. No wrong answers, show us how you can think on your feet. Would love to know what the response was- it probably reveals a general sense of the individual's self perception.

Great interview question. No wrong answers, show us how you can think on your feet. Would love to know what the response was- it probably reveals a general sense of the individual's self perception.

Would you know if there are any seats left for the fall?

I emailed the Admissions Director but it seems like he's out office until the 29th. Thanks!

Would you know if there are any seats left for the fall?

I emailed the Admissions Director but it seems like he's out office until the 29th. Thanks!

My best guess is that there are still. It's been an application crisis, so, chances are they didn't hit their cap yet. Logistics may be the rate limiting step here, the Fall semester starts in less than eight weeks.

Reactions: 1 user

Hi, I also recently got into Barry. My class is supposed to start in Aug. Any information you have to share regarding the classes will be highly appreciated.

What are your questions regarding classes at Barry?

Your first semester you have class Monday-Friday.
Gross anatomy with lab
Biochemistry
Histology with lab
Intro to Pod Medicine
Research and Statistics

The classes are cake. Study hard because it is your easiest semester, you have a lot of time to study.

The classes are cake. Study hard because it is your easiest semester, you have a lot of time to study.

Both of these statements are objectively true, but I'd say it's only true on hindisight. Idk how I didn't get a 4.0 1st semester looking back, but at the time, it was still the hardest semester of my life .

People ask how hard it is or what the difference is b/t MD/DO/DPM/DVM to undergrad. Best way i can explain it, it's like having a final exam every 3-4 weeks in every class. The material isn't any more difficult than undergrad, you just blast through it so much faster.

Also, 1st year at Barry... Just fly under the radar. For reasons not well understood, some 1st year profs seem to believe they need to "toughen you up" and are generally non supportive and antagonistic. I think that they think they're doing it to prep you for externship pimping, but that ain't their job. Just teach the material, give the test, move on. Basically, don't feed the trolls.

Reactions: 1 users