BARRY BMS FALL 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

revrun239

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good day, all. I am a student in the Barry Biomedical Science (BMS) program. Let me know if you have any questions about the program and I will try my best to answer your questions. Have a great day!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! what does the gpa and mcat look like for the students accepted into this program

Good morning, JellyBelly77.

The program prefers students with at least a 3.0 GPA and a reasonable MCAT score. The MCAT score is dependent on the application of the applicant. The higher the GPA, the less important the MCAT score is, as the program will help prepare you for the MCAT.

There is more information about admissions here - Admissions Requirements : Admissions : Biomedical Sciences, MS : College of Nursing and Health Sciences : Barry University, Miami Shores, Florida.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Good morning, JellyBelly77.

The program prefers students with at least a 3.0 GPA and a reasonable MCAT score. The MCAT score is dependent on the application of the applicant. The higher the GPA, the less important the MCAT score is, as the program will help prepare you for the MCAT.

There is more information about admissions here - Admissions Requirements : Admissions : Biomedical Sciences, MS : College of Nursing and Health Sciences : Barry University, Miami Shores, Florida.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Hello, how will the program prepare you the MCAT? Is there an MCAT course included?

Hello, how will the program prepare you the MCAT? Is there an MCAT course included?

There is not an MCAT course provided but a lot of my friends have found the Physiology and Biochemistry classes useful in preparing for the MCAT.

Good day, all. I am a student in the Barry Biomedical Science (BMS) program. Let me know if you have any questions about the program and I will try my best to answer your questions. Have a great day!

Hello, were the loans you received enough to cover your housing and other living expenses after tuition was paid? Also, around how much does your tuition range?

Hello, were the loans you received enough to cover your housing and other living expenses after tuition was paid? Also, around how much does your tuition range?

Tuition is about $900 per credit hour. I took between 7-12 credits per semester so my tuition ranged from $6,400-11,000 per semester. The primary loans should be enough to cover up to about 9 credit hours. If you are taking 12 credits in a semester, then you will require some extra financial assistance. If need be, a grad plus loan is available to assist with living expenses or any additional costs associated costs for tuition.

How easy it is to get approved increase of grad plus loan. It feel like it’s taking forever fot them to process anything

Hey, when did you fill out your application for the plus loan? I recently filled it out and am wondering how long it’ll take to hear back.

2 maybe 3 weeks ago. They told me that the committee was going to review last week but the answer might get delayed due to the holiday. I haven’t received any response yet.