Barry BMS for Dental???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mightymouse23

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I got into Barry today, and wanted to know how good this program is towards DMD students. So far, the only thing that I have heard, is that this school is more for DO and Podiatry students. Has any DMD here gone through this program, and ifso how do you rate it. Thanks

Sag

Members don't see this ad.

mightymouse23 said:
Hey Guys,

I got into Barry today, and wanted to know how good this program is towards DMD students. So far, the only thing that I have heard, is that this school is more for DO and Podiatry students. Has any DMD here gone through this program, and ifso how do you rate it. Thanks

Sag

The school really doesn't have a preference for acceptance into DO or Pod , DMD, or MD schools. The curriculum itself is very challenging esp biochem, neuroanatomy, and physio. (Mostly all med school classes anyway). If you've got the grades, the great LORs, are very well rounded in meaningful extracurricular activities, and know who you are as a person and why you want this certain profession, you stand a chance of acceptance. so in short, you will get yourself into dental school, not the post bac program itself.

I attended Barry and like it b/c of the people...not so much the classes although I've done pretty well and was accepted into med school. I went to undergrad outside of FL and can def see the difference in teaching styles.

Thanks man... classes start next week, and I just want to know what I am up against, since everyone almost talks about every other Post Bacc but this one. I am taking Neuroanatomy and Endocrinology, plus working full-time. But its what I really want to do- to be a dentist. So if it pays off in the long run, then its worth it!!!

Sag