Barry University School of Podiatric Medicine (BUSPM) Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Weirdy

Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

To everyone applying this cycle, I am a first-year student and am happy to help answer any questions about applying to pod school.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview invite 09/20!!
Hello , hope your interview went great ! I was wondering when you submitted your primary and how long it took for Barry to send you a secondary invite. Thank you and best of luck !

Hello , hope your interview went great ! I was wondering when you submitted your primary and how long it took for Barry to send you a secondary invite. Thank you and best of luck !
I submitted I believe on 08/16! However, I didn't have my transcript verified until 09/19 (but that was on me for not checking my status) and then got the interview invite the next day once that was solved!

Hello everyone! Good luck to everyone applying this cycle. 4th year student from Barry here. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions!

Hi guys! I was wondering if there is a group chat for the class of 2027. I have decided to attend Barry this upcoming fall!

Reactions: 1 users
They will create a facebook group and send you an email with the link to join. Not sure when!

Hi guys! I was wondering if there is a group chat for the class of 2027. I have decided to attend Barry this upcoming fall!
Congrats on your acceptance !! There is no official chat yet but there is a Facebook group PM for the link if you are interested !

Does anyone know how many seats are left? Wanting to apply just wanted to see if I was too late.
I’m also worried about housing, I have a wife, dog, and we are pregnant and at least on the Zillow app there are not a lot of good options.

Does anyone know how many seats are left? Wanting to apply just wanted to see if I was too late.
I’m also worried about housing, I have a wife, dog, and we are pregnant and at least on the Zillow app there are not a lot of good options.
Hello there, BUSPM is still interviewing I know of people who applied in May and still got in. Shoot your shot with the new schools opening there are actually going to be seats available at most if not all the Podiatric medical schools.

Hello there, BUSPM is still interviewing I know of people who applied in May and still got in. Shoot your shot with the new schools opening there are actually going to be seats available at most if not all the Podiatric medical schools.
I know there’s the new lake eirie one and the Texas one are there any others?

I saw some people post complaints about the clinical director does anyone have any experience with this?
Any reviews of the school and area from current students?

I have an interview on 5/1!!!
Any tips or advice would be appreciated😊

I have an interview on 5/1!!!
Any tips or advice would be appreciated😊
I interviewed there last yr. They seemed nice enough but COL in that area was wayyyyyy too high and I think the board pass rates were really bad

Ask them to explain why there board pass rates are low and what is being done to fix it

Yeah COL is crazy but I’m hopefully getting HPSP with Air Force to help with that.

I got in this cycle but I was left disheartened by the scholarship offer that Barry gave me. I remember hearing during my interview day that the only way to get more scholarships is by increasing your MCAT score. I however, got a higher offer from another Podiatry school, do you think I can bring that up to see if they can price match or would this possibly cause for my admission to be taken away?

I got in this cycle but I was left disheartened by the scholarship offer that Barry gave me. I remember hearing during my interview day that the only way to get more scholarships is by increasing your MCAT score. I however, got a higher offer from another Podiatry school, do you think I can bring that up to see if they can price match or would this possibly cause for my admission to be taken away?
Honestly, with the lower rate of applicants this year it couldnt hurt to ask.

Yeah COL is crazy but I’m hopefully getting HPSP with Air Force to help with that.
COL can be crazy especially if you want to live in the big fancy high rises or South Beach. TBH a lot of us live in North Miami, 10 minutes from school. You can find reasonable places and the current students compile a list of where they live to help out. When theres a will, right?