Basic DAT Exam Date Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Azr90

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody,
I just have a quick question as to the actual DAT - I know I can apply online for the DAT, but are there set dates as to when I can take the test or can I pick the dates I want to take it?

IF I can pick the dates, how can I go about in doing this? I don't see anything on the ada.org website?

Once I apply, is there a fee if I want to reschedule/push back my exam date? I know the cost for taking the DAT is like $380+, and I don't want to waste my money if I won't be able to attend the date.

I appreciate the help, thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I recently apply fro Dat
so I can give you detail on that

first of all - you can pick where you want to take the test AND when you want to take the test.
some time the date you want can be unavailable for not likely.

Also you can push back the test.

here is the detail of how you get there
1) Get your DENTPIN
2) Use your DENTPIN to log in and then you apply on ADA and pay $385. This step, you won't be able to select the date.
3) after you pay $385, you will get an email from ADA soon (in my case, I got it the next day)
the email will say now you are eligible to select date and location. my email said I can choose date between Jan 22 - July 22.(Jan 22 is when I got the email)
4) go to ADA website, and log in
5) on the website that talks about step by step on how to take DAT, you will be able to find the link to prometric Test centers (it is in Step 3), click it
6) then you will be redirected to another website, there you will be able to see selecting dates or locations etc.

after that, it is pretty easy

And also i think it is $25 to postpone the test and you have to do it 2 days before the test.

I recently apply fro Dat
so I can give you detail on that

first of all - you can pick where you want to take the test AND when you want to take the test.
some time the date you want can be unavailable for not likely.

Also you can push back the test.

here is the detail of how you get there
1) Get your DENTPIN
2) Use your DENTPIN to log in and then you apply on ADA and pay $385. This step, you won't be able to select the date.
3) after you pay $385, you will get an email from ADA soon (in my case, I got it the next day)
the email will say now you are eligible to select date and location. my email said I can choose date between Jan 22 - July 22.(Jan 22 is when I got the email)
4) go to ADA website, and log in
5) on the website that talks about step by step on how to take DAT, you will be able to find the link to prometric Test centers (it is in Step 3), click it
6) then you will be redirected to another website, there you will be able to see selecting dates or locations etc.

after that, it is pretty easy

And also i think it is $25 to postpone the test and you have to do it 2 days before the test.

Absolutely correct and to the point. To the OP, Google Ada duide for DAT and you will get all the information you need.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk