Basic Exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ucladoc2b

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Since we are coming up on the Basic, I was curious about how programs are helping/supporting the CA1s (schedule changes, less call, dedicated board review lectures, et cetera). Is there anything your programs are doing that you find particularly helpful?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

Since we are coming up on the Basic, I was curious about how programs are helping/supporting the CA1s (schedule changes, less call, dedicated board review lectures, et cetera). Is there anything your programs are doing that you find particularly helpful?

As far as scheduling goes, our program makes sure nobody is on call the day before the Basic.

It's a pass/fail exam with a nearly 90% pass rate, so I feel like overall it's much lower stakes than the CA-1 ITE was.

Hi everyone,

We get about 9 "study days" in the month of May, where your only obligation is a lecture at 0600h. We also have a required lecture at 0600h M-F for the whole month of May. Makes for some pretty thorough reviewing and adequate time to study.