Quantcast

Basic exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abolt18

Cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Anyone else out there who hasn’t got anything in the mail yet?
If you got NOTHING then you should call them. Their website said specifically that you would receive a letter by August 8th at the latest and to call if you've received no communication by that time.

If you're talking about the top 10% letter, that also should have been received by now I believe.

hununuh

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congrats! I got the same letter yesterday.

For the person asking study resources:
Truelearn, UK Anesthesia YouTube videos, ACCRAC podcast, and our departmental morning lectures they had for our class every day for the month of May (following the book "Anesthesiology Core Review. Part 1: Basic Exam")

How important is the top 10% recognition for applying to fellowship?

AdmiralChz

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How important is the top 10% recognition for applying to fellowship?

It helps much, much less than a failure hurts. ITE scores are much more important overall for competitive fellowships (pain, CT) - but in general, those folks with strong ITE scores do well on other exams. A weak ITE score (say less than 20th percentile) and a top 10% letter would raise eyebrows. Currently for CCM and many peds programs they just want a warm(ish) body.

Reactions: 1 user

zyovka

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is considered a strong score for ITE? I mean percentile wise?

hununuh

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is considered a strong score for ITE? I mean percentile wise?

what would be the ITE score that would say you have a solid shot at competitive fellowship like cardiac or pain? 50 percentile?

zyovka

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
what would be the ITE score that would say you have a solid shot at competitive fellowship like cardiac or pain? 50 percentile?
Great question!!! I was asking it too... :) like 60th percentile?

Last edited: