Basic Housing Allowance question.....

Started by hattrack04
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hattrack04

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I will be moving to UCLA in September. However, I will be doing COT/45 day active tour this summer. Should I put my current address to be in L.A., being that I will be there once my scholarship begins? This way, I can get compensated for living in an area where the cost of living is so high. As of now, my current address is back in Michigan. If I keep it in MI, though, I will not get compensated once I move out to LA..... is this making sense hah?
 
Nevermind, got the question answered. Unless I'm actually living there, I gotta keep my address in MI, even if I've signed a lease in LA.
 
Yeah, it's always like that.

You can however to funky things with your home-of-record through S-1. You might have to show proof, like, say... an easily obtainable P.O. box/ aunt, uncle/ a friend's relative who won't mind. Does nice things to your state taxes..........