Basic Rad Onc Book

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ijokergirl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm an M3 getting ready to rotate through rad onc. Any recommendations on a good basic rad onc book (preferably that doesn't cost $300 :) ) Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Ooo..another one that can go in the FAQ list. I believe there's a good thread on this topic posted a couple months ago...

But briefly,
Basic of basics: Introduction to Clinical Radiation Oncology by Lawrence Coia. Small red book, easier to read, good start, but a little outdated.

The "mini" Perez: Radiation Oncology - Management Decisions edited by Cliff Chao. Stream-lined version of the Perez book. Hard to understand the rad onc portinos of it, but great for knowing basics (ie. nodal staging, draininage, etc).

Great general oncology textbook: Cancer Management: A Multidisciplinary Approach: Medical, Surgical and Radiation Oncology. You are not really expecting to know the particulars of rad onc so much as a MS, but you should the basics of the cancers, such as workup, general treatment, etc. This book is a good start for that.

if you ask around the rad onc or med onc depts you might be able to scare up a free copy of the cancer management book. btw this book has a short principles of xrt chapter co-written by coia

I agree with Thaiger's first two in particular. I will add to the FAQ Im slowly writting.