1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice

Bathroom Breaks?

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by dochoov, Mar 11, 2007.

1. dochoov

dochoov Intercalating Death Disk
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    During the actual MCAT administration do they allow bathroom breaks? I'm wondering about the time in between each subsection.

2. Funky

Funky This space is for sale
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    yes. There are 10 minutes of break time inbetween each section. I found myself having to keep those bathroom breaks short because it takes a while to get signed in again after you leave the room.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Captain Fantastic

Physician 10+ Year Member

+1 to what Funk MD has to say. The breaks were only about 6 minutes long because it takes a while to scan your fingerprints and verify your idenity as you leave and re-enter the testing room.

I took every break and had a quick snack and went to the bathroom. I never felt rushed for time, but I didn't feel I could take my eyes off the clock, either.

4. Dr OCD

Dr OCD Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    you have to scan your fingerprints?!

5. bigdog8829

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    i never scanned in or out (stop freaking people out)
    nor did i even have to check back in.
    i just went to the bathroom. and came back in.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. OP
    OP
    dochoov

dochoov Intercalating Death Disk
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Ok, thank you all for the replies. Another question. When I'm sitting at my computer, working away at my MCAT, are there people in view to the right and left of me? Am I in a cubicle? What's that dynamic all about?