Bathroom

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

killingbill

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The bathroom at our pharmacy is disgusting. There's only one at it's used by both front end and pharmacy. I hate using it so I usually hold (#2) until I leave and get home. It's unbelievable that a pharmacist can't have a clean private bathroom to use. Plus whenever I go to the bathroom, when I get back there's usually phone calls, patient consults, scripts that need to be verified, etc., and I hate being gone long, and everyone looks at me like where were you. But after a long shift of holding it, it's starting to screw up my stomach. What do you guys do? Any suggestions on how to handle this.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
The bathroom at our pharmacy is disgusting. There's only one at it's used by both front end and pharmacy. I hate using it so I usually hold (#2) until I leave and get home. It's unbelievable that a pharmacist can't have a clean private bathroom to use. Plus whenever I go to the bathroom, when I get back there's usually phone calls, patient consults, scripts that need to be verified, etc., and I hate being gone long, and everyone looks at me like where were you. But after a long shift of holding it, it's starting to screw up my stomach. What do you guys do? Any suggestions on how to handle this.

Where I work the pharmacist has their own bathroom in the pharmacy. Techs aren't allowed to use it. Your working at the wrong place!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, here in the hospital there are like a million bathrooms and most of them are clean. I've been told though that the female staff restroom is nasty though.

Protip: Use the bathroom in the patient's room. Find a patient who is knocked out/recovering from surgery so they'll be asleep. Walk into their room, the bathroom is usually right by the entrance to the room, lock it and use. It's pretty much guaranteed to be clean since the hospital wants to make sure the patients are happy.

The bathroom at our pharmacy is disgusting... What do you guys do? Any suggestions on how to handle this.

you want shiet done right [pun intended], clean it yourself. seriously

Just take a break. Tell the techs:

"I will be gone for 10-15 minutes. During this time there will be no waiters under <45 minutes, doctors must use the voicemail. I will not be bothered unless it is my DM calling."

This works pretty well.

You're a human being. Go to the bathroom. I'd recommend using this time to eat as well.

Where I work the pharmacist has their own bathroom in the pharmacy. Techs aren't allowed to use it. Your working at the wrong place!

Really??? LOL So, they built a restroom only to be used by the pharmacist???

I have my own bathroom (as referenced above)... However, when going #2 I normally have to prop the door open so my techs (50% of which have less than 2 months experience) can ask me: what a script says, how to figure out Victoza quantity, how to do a price override, how to page over the intercom, where the Bydureon is located, who gets to go on break next, where to find an rx group, how to print a duplicate label, and a few other small things. I usually only shut the door for the first push, as a courtesy to both customers and employees, and as a chance to actually focus and count a couple C-IIs without interruption.

Wow prob the door open so you crop dust the pharmacy? Not cool man..... Or woman.

I usually only shut the door for the first push, as a courtesy to both customers and employees, and as a chance to actually focus and count a couple C-IIs without interruption.
You count C2 while you #2? Is that adulteration? Hopefully you don't drop any.

I have my own bathroom (as referenced above)... However, when going #2 I normally have to prop the door open so my techs (50% of which have less than 2 months experience) can ask me: what a script says, how to figure out Victoza quantity, how to do a price override, how to page over the intercom, where the Bydureon is located, who gets to go on break next, where to find an rx group, how to print a duplicate label, and a few other small things. I usually only shut the door for the first push, as a courtesy to both customers and employees, and as a chance to actually focus and count a couple C-IIs without interruption.
how long are you in the bathroom?

Maybe you should all eat more fiber so you can pass it and GTFO

Yeah, here in the hospital there are like a million bathrooms and most of them are clean. I've been told though that the female staff restroom is nasty though.

Protip: Use the bathroom in the patient's room. Find a patient who is knocked out/recovering from surgery so they'll be asleep. Walk into their room, the bathroom is usually right by the entrance to the room, lock it and use. It's pretty much guaranteed to be clean since the hospital wants to make sure the patients are happy.

What do you say if you are caught?

I've never heard an actual rule that said you can't use those bathrooms. It just seems like one of those things where you wouldn't really think of using a patient's bathroom.

Just make sure it's not a contact-precaution room, especially for Cdiff :whistle:

Seconded. Also helps if you know of a pt that is gone for a procedure too.