batman begins...

Started by Shredder
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Shredder

User
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
just saw batman begins. it was awesome, not because of the movie elements but bc wasnt it clear that his dad was an md/mba! look at what medicine and business can do for you! due to bruces fascination with the stethoscope i think its only natural he will go to md/mba school as well.

noteworthy points:
*bad guy tried economic depression attack but wayne sr's keynesian counterattack with heavy public expenditures fended it off
*IPO and waynes buyback so he could rule with an iron fist. lil bruce was secretly a finance whiz kid, who wouldve thought
*bruces party with the hot chicks. everyone loves medical businessmen, killer combination.
*hotshot board meetings+i dont know the movie was just inspiring throughout

i guess scarecrow was a psychiatrist, administering drugs and all? but without the business background you go nuts, tsk, thats what happens when you work for the government using taxmoney
 
you really should, forget about the batman part, just focus on the biz elements, excellent!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Shredder said:
just saw batman begins. it was awesome, not because of the movie elements but bc wasnt it clear that his dad was an md/mba! look at what medicine and business can do for you! due to bruces fascination with the stethoscope i think its only natural he will go to md/mba school as well.

noteworthy points:
*bad guy tried economic depression attack but wayne sr's keynesian counterattack with heavy public expenditures fended it off
*IPO and waynes buyback so he could rule with an iron fist. lil bruce was secretly a finance whiz kid, who wouldve thought
*bruces party with the hot chicks. everyone loves medical businessmen, killer combination.
*hotshot board meetings+i dont know the movie was just inspiring throughout

i guess scarecrow was a psychiatrist, administering drugs and all? but without the business background you go nuts, tsk, thats what happens when you work for the government using taxmoney

Bummer, you gave away all the best parts of the movie. Now I'll have to wait for the fantastic 4...
 
Law2Doc said:
Bummer, you gave away all the best parts of the movie. Now I'll have to wait for the fantastic 4...
oops. well actually law had representation from katie holmes, but thats common in films unlike med business. i think the bad guy is fantastic 4 is a doc actually, dr doom md or something like that
 
It was good, you were correct on the business elements. 👍 Fantastic Four sucked imho.
 
I agree good business elements but hey i'll rain on the parade about MD/MBA. I don't see him being that. There are many men out there who are spectacular business people without an MBA. Personally I am one of them who "do" find it overrated. Maybe I should clarify, I think that some programs are overrated in reference to the lack of a standardized MBA cirriculum. Just my thoughts though. There are some strong economic aspects but if you can't enjoy the movie as a whole then why go? You could read business textbooks and journals instead. That is a dull life if you look through EVERYTHING through the eyes of business.


Oh and you forgot the insider trading of Bruce Wayne when he knew the company was going public and bought 51% 😉
 
mshheaddoc said:
I agree good business elements but hey i'll rain on the parade about MD/MBA. I don't see him being that. There are many men out there who are spectacular business people without an MBA. Personally I am one of them who "do" find it overrated. Maybe I should clarify, I think that some programs are overrated in reference to the lack of a standardized MBA cirriculum. Just my thoughts though. There are some strong economic aspects but if you can't enjoy the movie as a whole then why go? You could read business textbooks and journals instead. That is a dull life if you look through EVERYTHING through the eyes of business.


Oh and you forgot the insider trading of Bruce Wayne when he knew the company was going public and bought 51% 😉
i was kinda kidding, just pushing the md/mba thing where i thought it might be feasible. i try to derive inspiration from wherever i can, bc the med school app process leaves me very discouraged since med and biz values seem so opposed to one another and im struggling to reconcile them to adcoms. if only adcoms were composed of ppl like you guys...but theyre not, theyre composed of ppl like pre-allo 🙁 :scared: 👎 .

the mba is certainly not a must for success, the richest guys dont have it. standardized mba curriculum? so standardized is good or bad? im personally not feeling great about the compromised md version of the mba curriculum, im planning on somehow getting the full experience even if it takes more time.

it was a good movie as a whole, but even more so due to the med and biz elements. biz movies alone are good such as wall street, and throwing some med into the mix is even better. insider trading ha, i guess he had some gordon gekko elements after all. or martha stewart? gotham SEC is defunct anyway. i think he bought up 51% after the ipo however.
 
LOL. SEC defunct. I see what you mean. Honestly though, if you go for the MD/MBA you aren't missing out on much. Only a few electives. I think a standardized cirriculum would be better only because I feel some programs have different elements and different types of classes. I compared all the programs in my area (after I was almost done mine) and I wouldn't have done my program I believe. They had a focus on all the "basic" components so I had to retake marketing, accounting (financial and managerial), econ, OB, etc which I found mundane. I think there should have only been "one" acctg class to refresh and then I had to take managerial science which was the BIGGEST waste of time I had EVER taken. I had some guys from Lockheed Martin who were engineers do everything for our group because our professor didn't teach us ANYTHING and just expected us to understand what he was talking about. The program was perfect for my friend the MD/MBA b/c she really got to the basics to understand business, but then why didn't she just take it in undergrad level? See my point? Most MBA programs I had looked at also required these classes prior to entry or like Penn had a "summer program" which overviewed the basics if you hadn't have already had them. I had to take an extra 5 classes or so over any other program. My MBA was 60 credits. Load of **** and more money from me. For a state school my tuition was insane. 😡 /rant

Sorry, but as you can see MBA programs ARE different. I have seen some really well thought out joint programs though.

I wish I could have done Penn's Healthcare MBA *drools* but hey I didn't have the money anyway.