Baylor Dallas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

cowboysfan2011

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering if anybody had any experience with the pathology program at Baylor Dallas. Any information would be helpful.
 
Bump... there has to be someone who knows about this program. PM if thats better for you. I am a DO student applying into path soon and want to stay in texas. thanks for the help
 
Bump... there has to be someone who knows about this program. PM if thats better for you. I am a DO student applying into path soon and want to stay in texas. thanks for the help

From what I know, they are a community based program. They have no affiliation with Baylor Houston (Academic center). I believe the program had 2 or 3 unfilled spots last year. That's as much as I know....with no real specifics as to the quality of training they provide.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for the input. That is kinda what i figured. It is hard to judge the program since most of the future path guys at my school...all 3 of us...want to go to southwestern, the baylor program gets very little mention.
 
the program at baylor is a community based program. they do a lot of ap stuff - surgicals and cyto. the cases are not just numbers, they see a lot of variety and complex cases. they also do a lot of bone marrows a year (around 2000) and look to be starting a heme fellowship in the near future. its a really good training program that is often overlooked because there is no connection with a medical school.
 
oats,

i get the sense that you are a resident there or someone involved with the program especially since you know about the future heme fellowship which is quite cool by the way. can you elaborate on the typical day, call schedule, benefits, how competitive the program is. feel free to pm me if you would prefer