Baylor DPT, Spring 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shakir32

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I was wondering if anyone else has heard back from Baylor hybrid DPT program? My application was deferred with decision pending for a later date.
I also wanted to know if anyone can provide insight on how the DPT program is like if anyone is a current student.

Members don't see this ad.

My application also got deferred :( Did they give you a timeframe of when you would hear about a final decision?

My application also got deferred :( Did they give you a timeframe of when you would hear about a final decision?

The email said it could be as late as October 1st which is the last deadline

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,
I was wondering if anyone else has heard back from Baylor hybrid DPT program? My application was deferred with decision pending for a later date.
I also wanted to know if anyone can provide insight on how the DPT program is like if anyone is a current student.
How long did it take you to know you were deferred? I did my interview and still haven’t heard anything back

How long did it take you to know you were deferred? I did my interview and still haven’t heard anything back
Submitted: 3/01
Emailed deferral: 3/24
I never had an interview

I submitted my application in sometime early April, and got an email on April 29 saying I was being deferred until as late as Oct 1.
I just got an email May 20 inviting me for an interview! I am going to do the interview Thursday or Friday.

They have a webinar information session next week on Tuesday evening I believe. I would go and sign up, if you haven't already watched one, for more information on the program.

Hey guys,

I applied on 5/15. Got an invitation on 5/19. Completed the interview 5/25. Still waiting to hear back. There is some informative YouTube videos on the program that helped get an understanding of this new program. Best of luck

Reactions: 1 user
I applied on 5/15. Got an invitation on 5/19. Completed the interview 5/25. Still waiting to hear back. There is some informative YouTube videos on the program that helped get an understanding of this new program. Best of luck
Have you heard from Baylor yet?

It took me about three weeks to hear back after I submitted my interview questions.

I got accepted into the program for Jan 2019. If anyone else is accepted and decides to commit let me know. I would love to connect.

It took me about three weeks to hear back after I submitted my interview questions.

I got accepted into the program for Jan 2019. If anyone else is accepted and decides to commit let me know. I would love to connect.
Were you emailed an acceptance letter or was it mailed?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed two weeks ago. Still waiting to hear. Has anyone else heard back?

My husband will be starting in January also and we already live in Dallas. He would love to get in touch! DM me your email address if you’d like to get connected before starting school!

Have any of you guys been approved / added to the program Facebook? I’ve accepted and paid my deposit and would love to connect with other students!

I just got my acceptance call! Has anyone asked about their accreditation status yet? Also he said I have 5 days to make my decision... wow! So quick. I haven't heard back from other schools yet so I'm kind of in a bind. Any suggestions?

I just got my acceptance call! Has anyone asked about their accreditation status yet? Also he said I have 5 days to make my decision... wow! So quick. I haven't heard back from other schools yet so I'm kind of in a bind. Any suggestions?
That’s awesome! I’m waiting to hear back after I sent in my interview.. but 5 days is quick lol especially since it’s a $1,500 seat deposit. I have an interview for Hardin Simmons in November so if I get offered a seat at Baylor it’s a big decision just because I would lose that money if I later drop out

That’s awesome! I’m waiting to hear back after I sent in my interview.. but 5 days is quick lol especially since it’s a $1,500 seat deposit. I have an interview for Hardin Simmons in November so if I get offered a seat at Baylor it’s a big decision just because I would lose that money if I later drop out
I heard back about 2 weeks after my interview! I'm worried about that too... Baylor isn't one of my top choices just because of location but I'm nervous if I don't take it that I won't get in anywhere else :/ it's an expensive decision lol

Reactions: 1 users

They will finish/find out if they are accredited right before the first cohort graduates.

I heard back about 2 weeks after my interview! I'm worried about that too... Baylor isn't one of my top choices just because of location but I'm nervous if I don't take it that I won't get in anywhere else :/ it's an expensive decision lol
Agreed! I paid even though I have an interview at Mercer in Nov

Reactions: 1 users
Agreed! I paid even though I have an interview at Mercer in Nov
Does anyone know if it hurts to accept a program while you're waiting to hear back from others? On the PTCAS website it says programs can see where you have been offered and where you have accepted. If they see you have accepted a seat at another school will they not offer you a seat at their school?

Does anyone know if it hurts to accept a program while you're waiting to hear back from others? On the PTCAS website it says programs can see where you have been offered and where you have accepted. If they see you have accepted a seat at another school will they not offer you a seat at their school?
I don’t think it’ll hurt unless you stay until after you start the program and decide to drop for another program. That hurts someone if they are on the waitlist waiting for a spot. They don’t take anyone off the waitlist after the program starts, there is just an empty spot.

Hey all! I'm looking to apply for next cohort. Just wanted to see what everyones stats were like and how the interview was. Thanks in advance!

Has anyone else heard from Baylor? I am still waiting after I sent in my interview more than 3 weeks ago... the wait is crazy lol. Is the class full already?

**** it's $1500. I have an interview at another school literally this Friday and I just got offered admission to Baylor today. I won't know about the other school before Sunday. That is awful.

**** it's $1500. I have an interview at another school literally this Friday and I just got offered admission to Baylor today. I won't know about the other school before Sunday. That is awful.
So what are you doing? I accepted a spot for Baylor and turned down another interview

So what are you doing? I accepted a spot for Baylor and turned down another interview
I rejected Baylor. My interview at Rocky Mountain, my dream school, went well and they're accepting 100 total students to fill 2 cohorts. I also have an upcoming interview with St. Augustine and I haven't heard anything bad from the other 7 schools I applied to. I don't think the Baylor program is right for me. Hopefully someone who really wants it and thinks they can succeed in the program can take the spot. So thankful for the opportunity/offer tho.