Baylor or San Antonio?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

which school would you pick?

• Baylor

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • San Antonio

Votes: 15 53.6%

• Total voters

meemo93

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I know there was a thread similar to this made about 5 years ago but I wanted to get fresh perspectives on the differences between Baylor and San Antonio. If you go to either Baylor or San Antonio, can you please tell me what you love/hate/dislike/like/find annoying about each school? (not including the city/area, just trying to focus on the school)

Also, if your a 3rd/4th year student, what would you feel your clinical to academic ratio was in your 3rd year? Mostly classes or mostly time in the clinic? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I think you'd find better answers in the dental forums

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
@meemo93 Which school are you leaning towards? And congrats on the acceptances!
Thanks! I honestly have no idea. I'm torn between both. Everytime I talk to someone from Baylor, I lean towards Baylor, and when I talk to someone from SA, I lean towards SA. My main concern is that I want to go to the school which will get me the most clinically prepared.

I have quite a few friends who attended Baylor, and they all felt like they got fantastic clinical experience there. Not uncommon for students to have placed over twenty five crowns, come graduation time. I've heard clinic runs like a well oiled machine there.

Reactions: 2 users
Baylor has the most clinical requirements and has a good reputation for having a strong, clinically oriented program. (Also notorious for lab work)
The rumors (may be just rumors) for SA are that they have the most difficult didactics out of the three dental schools.

Both dental schools have excellent (and similar) board pass rates, so you can't go wrong with either! Congrats on your acceptance

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! I'm new to SDN and I am planning to apply this upcoming cycle. I visited both dental schools with my pre-dental society and both have their perks. SA built a new facility and is well known nationally, but Baylor requires more lab work and such! I don't know how important the lab work is in the long run but both are academically rigorous and prepare you well for your boards. Friends from SA say SA is the best dental school in the nation and friends from baylor say the same. But congratulations on your acceptances and I hope one day I can be in the same shoes as you!

Reactions: 1 user
How long do you have until to make your decision? And do you by chance know when San Antonio and baylor make their waitlists?

How long do you have until to make your decision? And do you by chance know when San Antonio and baylor make their waitlists?
I had until the 28th but I recently made my decision for Baylor! They make their waitlists on May 1st
Thank you guys for the feedback!

Reactions: 2 users