Baylor(s)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

teeter

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I noticed that Baylor has two major hospitals with residency programs, one called Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, and one is Baylor University in Dallas... I know that Baylor is a strong institution, but do both of the hospitals carry good reputations? Thanks....

Members don't see this ad.

From my understanding they are not connected. Just as Baylor University in Waco is not connected to Baylor College of Medicine. Baylor in Dallas is community based. Baylor in Houston is academic based.

teeter said:
I noticed that Baylor has two major hospitals with residency programs, one called Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, and one is Baylor University in Dallas... I know that Baylor is a strong institution, but do both of the hospitals carry good reputations? Thanks....

I'm pretty well acquainted with Baylor in Houston. It is associated with Baylor College of Medicine (not Baylor University in Waco). It's main teaching hospitals are Ben Taub (large county hospital), Texas Children's Hospital, St. Luke's, Texas Heart Institute, and the VA (all in the Texas Med Center). They used to be affilitated with Methodist Hospital, but there was a large falling out, and now Methodist is affiliated with Cornell (yes, the one in NYC).