Baylor-waitlisted or rejected?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jr8047

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Questions for anyone in the know:

1. If you have not received an offer letter from Baylor does anyone know if they will tell you, by phone, if you are waitlisted or rejected?

2. If you are waitlisted will they tell you where you are on that list?

3. Does anyone know what percentage of seats they fill within the first round offering?

4. Do the d-schools calculate your new gpa after you send in your fall '05 grades and use that info in deciding who is offered a seat in round two offerings?

Anyone who can answer some or all of these questions-thank you in advance! I'm just trying to get a better feel for any remaining chance I have of getting in. I would call them directly to ask but their office is closed due to the weather.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in the same boat but also out of state!!! Let me know if you hear anything.........

so that's why they aren't picking up..so i'm assuming they are not doing any more interviews...is this correct??

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys,

I just got off the phone with Baylor-here's what I found out.

Anyone who did NOT receive an offer is waitlisted-no one is rejected at this point. I asked if there was a ranking of sorts and she said there was not and that decisions for future offers go back to the committee (whatever that means).

Yes, they are still conducting interviews. They will be doing so up through Feb.

Fyi...if your fall 05 stats are good then send them in because they will be considered for 2nd round picks.

jr8047 said:
Hi guys,

I just got off the phone with Baylor-here's what I found out.

Anyone who did NOT receive an offer is waitlisted-no one is rejected at this point. I asked if there was a ranking of sorts and she said there was not and that decisions for future offers go back to the committee (whatever that means).

Yes, they are still conducting interviews. They will be doing so up through Feb.

Fyi...if your fall 05 stats are good then send them in because they will be considered for 2nd round picks.

I believe there are two list that are generated. 1 for we like you hold on and two you have no chance. There both labeled waitlist though!

Don't expect to get a rejection letter if you interview untill late summer.

hockeydentist said:
I believe there are two list that are generated. 1 for we like you hold on and two you have no chance. There both labeled waitlist though!

Don't expect to get a rejection letter if you interview untill late summer.

Honestly, that sounds more likely. I don't know why they don't just tell you so you can get on with your life!

jr8047 said:
Honestly, that sounds more likely. I don't know why they don't just tell you so you can get on with your life!

this is incredibly shady. they surely know our status or at least where we stand. i hate being strung along like this. :mad:

vipergts66 said:
this is incredibly shady. they surely know our status or at least where we stand. i hate being strung along like this. :mad:
I love lamp. I love desk. I love carpet. At the moment I do not love Baylor.