1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Baylor-waitlisted or rejected?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by jr8047, Dec 8, 2005.

1. jr8047

jr8047 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Questions for anyone in the know:

1. If you have not received an offer letter from Baylor does anyone know if they will tell you, by phone, if you are waitlisted or rejected?

2. If you are waitlisted will they tell you where you are on that list?

3. Does anyone know what percentage of seats they fill within the first round offering?

4. Do the d-schools calculate your new gpa after you send in your fall '05 grades and use that info in deciding who is offered a seat in round two offerings?

Anyone who can answer some or all of these questions-thank you in advance! I'm just trying to get a better feel for any remaining chance I have of getting in. I would call them directly to ask but their office is closed due to the weather.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. clg913

clg913 New Member

Pre-Dental
    I'm in the same boat but also out of state!!! Let me know if you hear anything.........

4. berryfremont

berryfremont Georgia
    5+ Year Member

so that's why they aren't picking up..so i'm assuming they are not doing any more interviews...is this correct??

5. jr8047

jr8047 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi guys,

I just got off the phone with Baylor-here's what I found out.

Anyone who did NOT receive an offer is waitlisted-no one is rejected at this point. I asked if there was a ranking of sorts and she said there was not and that decisions for future offers go back to the committee (whatever that means).

Yes, they are still conducting interviews. They will be doing so up through Feb.

Fyi...if your fall 05 stats are good then send them in because they will be considered for 2nd round picks.

6. hockeydentist

hockeydentist 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

I believe there are two list that are generated. 1 for we like you hold on and two you have no chance. There both labeled waitlist though!

Don't expect to get a rejection letter if you interview untill late summer.

7. jr8047

jr8047 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Honestly, that sounds more likely. I don't know why they don't just tell you so you can get on with your life!

8. vipergts66

vipergts66 Member
    7+ Year Member

this is incredibly shady. they surely know our status or at least where we stand. i hate being strung along like this. :mad:

9. berryfremont

berryfremont Georgia
    5+ Year Member

I love lamp. I love desk. I love carpet. At the moment I do not love Baylor.

10. tinman831

tinman831 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Administrator Dentist Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    You will love Baylor once you get your acceptance letter. ;) I'm still waiting for mine. :D