BCGP 2019 Study group

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rxcoffee

Reaction score
Any Spring / fall takers here interested in making a study group ?

Members don't see this ad.

I am prepping for bcgp in 2019 spring. What materials are you using for reading

Members don't see this ad :)
It’s all a scam anyway. Just another way to get your money

Reactions: 1 user
Any Med Ed 101 reviews ? Planning to buy but not sure if it’s worth the money ..

That guy doesn't honestly seem that smart. It's been awhile, but I read some of his posts and review questions and they didn't seem that helpful. Never paid for content tho

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I do find his voice super slow and annoying. Webinars should have sharp voiceovers and crisp content, not his.
Unfortunately there’s not much out there to study from.

I would be interested. I am not sure if I want to take in spring as I am not sure I have enough time to prepare. I was looking at ASCP Geriatrics 101 and Boot camp. Boot camp is only good until 5/1/19 so wouldn’t be able to use again, if I failed, in the spring. Almost makes me want to wait to buy the new one in May and then take in the fall. Then if I have to retake in spring of 2020, I could still use it. I asked the rxcomic.com guy what he used to prepare (since he was one of the very few who passed the new BPS test) and he said ASCP Geriatrics 101, Meded 101, and USMLE biostatistics Step 1 YouTube videos. I found the ones from Randy Neil MD really helpful. What is the material so expensive?!:shrug:

[QUOTnsiveE="thedarkside, post: 20660402, member: 968512"]I would be interested. I am not sure if I want to take in spring as I am not sure I have enough time to prepare. I was looking at ASCP Geriatrics 101 and Boot camp. Boot camp is only good until 5/1/19 so wouldn’t be able to use again, if I failed, in the spring. Almost makes me want to wait to buy the new one in May and then take in the fall. Then if I have to retake in spring of 2020, I could still use it. I asked the rxcomic.com guy what he used to prepare (since he was one of the very few who passed the new BPS test) and he said ASCP Geriatrics 101, Meded 101, and USMLE biostatistics Step 1 YouTube videos. I found the ones from Randy Neil MD really helpful. What is the material so expensive?!:shrug:[/QUOTE]
Thinking of ASCP and Med Ed 101.. you?
I have geriatrics pharmacotherapy book . meded101 videos are just overview nothing solid. And ascp and ashp are expensive.

Any good books for bcgp prep? Does anyone checked out those question banks on Amazon from statpearls publishing?They are for $10 Kindle version

Why BCGP instead of BCPS? Or is this in addition to the BCPS?

need help with BCGP I am taking the exam in may 2019

Members don't see this ad :)
[QUOTnsiveE="thedarkside, post: 20660402, member: 968512"]I would be interested. I am not sure if I want to take in spring as I am not sure I have enough time to prepare. I was looking at ASCP Geriatrics 101 and Boot camp. Boot camp is only good until 5/1/19 so wouldn’t be able to use again, if I failed, in the spring. Almost makes me want to wait to buy the new one in May and then take in the fall. Then if I have to retake in spring of 2020, I could still use it. I asked the rxcomic.com guy what he used to prepare (since he was one of the very few who passed the new BPS test) and he said ASCP Geriatrics 101, Meded 101, and USMLE biostatistics Step 1 YouTube videos. I found the ones from Randy Neil MD really helpful. What is the material so expensive?!:shrug:

After researching - it seems like ascp material is the best way to go about it.
No , I haven’t looked at the Amazon pearls.
Med 101.. still on the fence.
What geriatrics book you have ? Is it the one published by ASHP?

I would be interested. I am not sure if I want to take in spring as I am not sure I have enough time to prepare. I was looking at ASCP Geriatrics 101 and Boot camp. Boot camp is only good until 5/1/19 so wouldn’t be able to use again, if I failed, in the spring. Almost makes me want to wait to buy the new one in May and then take in the fall. Then if I have to retake in spring of 2020, I could still use it. I asked the rxcomic.com guy what he used to prepare (since he was one of the very few who passed the new BPS test) and he said ASCP Geriatrics 101, Meded 101, and USMLE biostatistics Step 1 YouTube videos. I found the ones from Randy Neil MD really helpful. What is the material so expensive?!:shrug:

The 2019 bootcamp is available to register..

After researching - it seems like ascp material is the best way to go about it.
No , I haven’t looked at the Amazon pearls.
Med 101.. still on the fence.
What geriatrics book you have ? Is it the one published by ASHP?
Yes. Title iS Fundamental of geriatrics pharmacotherapy

Yes. Title iS Fundamental of geriatrics pharmacotherapy

That might not be enough imo.. and the info is perhaps outdated - as it’s second edition was published few years ago.. unless I have missed a recent edition.

Anyone preparing for bcgp spring. Need little help here with important topics list .

do you need someone to sign off for experience or can you just fill out application and take the test?

It wasn’t as difficult as I expected. I received results today of 526, so I passed!
Im looking to maybe get a bcgp after 2 yrs...what materials did you use? Thanks.

Im looking to maybe get a bcgp after 2 yrs...what materials did you use? Thanks.
I used both MedEd and ASCP boot camp. I also printed out updated BEERS list and looked up regulations regarding LTC and ambulatory care.

I want to take the exam on Spring 2020, may I know what materials do you use for study? ASCP boot camp or ACCP geriatric review course? To participate the exam I need to work in LTC or ambulatory care institution? thanks

Just out of curiosity, how does the job outlook look like with BCGP? Only job ive seen with geriatric specialty was at the VA.