BCGP CERTIFICATION

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hwcpharmd

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the BCGP certification? Thoughts?
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I have that certification. With it having just been added to the BPS portfolio, we may need to give it some time to really judge how it will affect things like it's reputation and desirability. For now, if you are looking at doing any LTC or Hospice work, it would be desirable. Uncertain beyond that. It is great for consulting and can give you a qualifier to be a Clinical Pharmacist Practicioner depending on your location.

I suppose it's usefulness depends on how you plan to use it, like any certification.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the input. What was the exam like? Obviously there is a fair amount of studying involved, but is it extremely difficult?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the input. What was the exam like? Obviously there is a fair amount of studying involved, but is it extremely difficult?
I did not find it difficult, but difficulty varies from person to person. Not to mention I'm grandfathered in. The exam should be completely different by now. BPS might have some sample questions you can look at if you are really interested in it.

I did not find it difficult, but difficulty varies from person to person. Not to mention I'm grandfathered in. The exam should be completely different by now. BPS might have some sample questions you can look at if you are really interested in it.
What resources did you use to study for the test?