BCIDP Spring 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KnowledgeQuest

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'd love to hear from anyone who is planning to take the Infectious Diseases exam this spring, or who sat the exam in recent times. I was hoping to take it last fall, but didn't because many people I know said it takesvat least a solid 6 months of studying to prepare, and I didn't have that time. However, I haven't started studying for the spring exam either! It seems like life us always happening, so I'm thinking it's best to just start studying now and go for it.

Any thoughts? Is a solid 3 month of studying reasonable? (I know it depends on experience, available time to study etc., but still open to hearing what worked for others), Suggestions on best strategies or materials? Sample study schedule? Any study group?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi - I would like to study together please contact me thanks- I plan to take it in May

Hi all,
I'd love to hear from anyone who is planning to take the Infectious Diseases exam this spring, or who sat the exam in recent times. I was hoping to take it last fall, but didn't because many people I know said it takesvat least a solid 6 months of studying to prepare, and I didn't have that time. However, I haven't started studying for the spring exam either! It seems like life us always happening, so I'm thinking it's best to just start studying now and go for it.

Any thoughts? Is a solid 3 month of studying reasonable? (I know it depends on experience, available time to study etc., but still open to hearing what worked for others), Suggestions on best strategies or materials? Sample study schedule? Any study group?
hi I am taking it in this May- do you want to study together ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I am taking the BCIDP exam in a couple weeks & wondering if anyone has taken it this Spring? I just took the ACCP practice test and felt it was really challenging and several answers could have been correct. Anyone else??

Hi all,

Hi- did you take the exam? I'm scheduled to take it in a couple weeks & I started studying in Jan 2023 as well. Good luck, if you haven't taken it yet

I took the exam on April 17. The wait is killing me. Would you guys mind sharing your testing experience and opinions?

The BSP website now says results are 90 days for tests that are on schedule and 60 days for year round tests. Does anyone know if we have to wait until July/August?

The BSP website now says results are 90 days for tests that are on schedule and 60 days for year round tests. Does anyone know if we have to wait until July/August?
I have spoken with two different people at BPS. The first told me 90 days from May 20 and I asked for confirmation because that would put us past the window closing, so we wouldn't even know if we failed and needed to retake. She said she confirmed. The next person this last week said within 90 days from May 1. You'd think they would let us still have the 60 days as that is what our notice said, then begin the 90 day wait for the fall and on.

I was hoping this week would be it. The wait is excruciating.

I took the exam on April 17. The wait is killing me. Would you guys mind sharing your testing experience and opinions?
I thought there were some really good questions that made you have to know several pieces to answer, but were still core topics and details...then there were some reallllllly off the wall questions that were so specific and uncommon. I felt good about the AMS stuff. The stats were fine except those Mann-Whitney/Wilcoxan/etc. are my areas of struggle.

I thought there were some really good questions that made you have to know several pieces to answer, but were still core topics and details...then there were some reallllllly off the wall questions that were so specific and uncommon. I felt good about the AMS stuff. The stats were fine except those Mann-Whitney/Wilcoxan/etc. are my areas of struggle.
I agreed. Some of the questions were very specific.
I don’t know if stats was 25% of the exam because I didn’t have a lot of stats questions.
I read comments from another chat about the ID exam and people studied long and hard and found the exam to be really hard. I didn’t do a PGY-2 in ID but have been practicing as ASP pharmacist for >2 years after PGY-1. I went through ACCP lectures once for 1 week. To be honest, I didn’t find the exam very challenging. There were about 25% of the exam I wasn’t sure about but I thought the exam was fair. I was wondering if I am completely off thinking the exam wasn’t challenging because I wasn’t prepared enough.
The wait is terrible. I can’t believe we have 3 more weeks to go.

Last edited:
Certification and Recertification Examination Results will be released on the following schedule:

• July 10, 2023 – Ambulatory Care Pharmacy, Critical Care Pharmacy, Compounded Sterile Preparations Pharmacy, Nutrition Support Pharmacy, Infectious Diseases Pharmacy (CT scores that are available for release for Cardiology Pharmacy, Nuclear Pharmacy, & Psychiatric Pharmacy will also be release on July 10, 2023.)
  • July 11, 2023 – Oncology Pharmacy, Emergency Medicine Pharmacy, Geriatric Pharmacy, Pediatric Pharmacy, Solid Organ Transplantation Pharmacy
  • July 12, 2023 – Pharmacotherapy

Hi- did you take the exam? I'm scheduled to take it in a couple weeks & I started studying in Jan 2023 as well. Good luck, if you haven't taken it yet
I apologize - I am just seeing this. I ended up with a family emergency and was not able to focus on the exam at that time. I deferred, and will be taking it in September. How did you do? I would love to hear your thoughts on the exam. I started studying about 2 weeks ago.

Hi! I am taking the BCIDP exam in a couple weeks & wondering if anyone has taken it this Spring? I just took the ACCP practice test and felt it was really challenging and several answers could have been correct. Anyone else??
How closely did the ACCP Practice Exam represent the true exam, in your opinion?

I agreed. Some of the questions were very specific.
I don’t know if stats was 25% of the exam because I didn’t have a lot of stats questions.
I read comments from another chat about the ID exam and people studied long and hard and found the exam to be really hard. I didn’t do a PGY-2 in ID but have been practicing as ASP pharmacist for >2 years after PGY-1. I went through ACCP lectures once for 1 week. To be honest, I didn’t find the exam very challenging. There were about 25% of the exam I wasn’t sure about but I thought the exam was fair. I was wondering if I am completely off thinking the exam wasn’t challenging because I wasn’t prepared enough.
The wait is terrible. I can’t believe we have 3 more weeks to go.
How did you do?

I did the ACCP/ASHP practice exam yesterday, and I purchased the HighYield Study Package today. I mainly bough the HighYield package to get a different source for the Antimicrobial Stewardship info - since I felt that the ACCP lecture/notes are not enough for me. I am still familiarizing myself with the High Yield materials, but so far, from my preliminary review I am not impressed at all. Firstly, I thought since I bought the BCIDP package the question bank would be made of ONLY BCIDP related questions. Nah, there are questions that have nothing to do with the BCIDP exam. Secondly, some of the question/answers are dated - for example one question had no option for the updated dosage recommendation for ceftriaxone in N. gonorrhea, as well as old recommendations for C diff. Thirdly, the questions are quite basic, unlike the questions in the ACCP practice exam. I think the ACCP questions are a much better representation of the actual BCIDP exam.

I would love to hear if anyone else has used High Yield and what they think of it. I was really hoping to maximize my knowledge by using two sources for each topic, and I will still probably do that - but so far I have way more confidence in the ACCP material, so I will probably just spend most of the time going over those. The exam is only weeks away now and I still have a ton to cover.

Last edited: