BCOM vs. NYITCOM Arkansas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RelaxDr

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was fortunate to be accepted at NYITCOM Arkansas and BCOM. I try to process to see which one I should go.

I like Arkansas more when I drove around the city, but the uncertainty about clinical rotation makes me worried. BCOM seems to have the clinical rotations ready for its students.

Students at NYITCOM were very helpful. I did not have a chance to talk to students at BCOM.

BCOM is cheaper than NYITCOM, but I will have 10% scholarship and may have the institution need-based grant at NYITCOM. I don't know how much grant NYITCOM will give me. BCOM does not have the federal loan until year 2.

Both are new so no data for match rate and COMPLEX score.

BCOM is closer to home (California, not that close but still closer than Arkansas)

Thanks

P.s. I don't know if it is relevant but I like Family Medicine, Pediatrics, and Psychiatry.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'd go BCOM simply because I liked the place and have a natural distaste for schools that are branch campuses.

That said, I haven't been to Jonesboro so idk if there's some super standout feature about it.

Personally I would choose ARCOM because of BCOM not having federal financial aid yet...I would be uncomfortable taking out private loans for med school, and most private loans have a much higher interest rate than federal loans.

I'd go BCOM simply because I liked the place and have a natural distaste for schools that are branch campuses.

That said, I haven't been to Jonesboro so idk if there's some super standout feature about it.

I like the virtue lab for anatomy at BCOM. Will not doing dissection become an disadvantage? BCOM's simulation is amazing.

I only knew briefly about the simulation at NYITCOM because the students have not used it yet at the time I was there, so not that impressive for me.

Will a branch campus a bad thing? I know NYITCOM at Arkansas will have less option for a dual degree than at New York campus. It seems like that BCOM has more money investment in it than NYITCOM.

Personally I would choose ARCOM because of BCOM not having federal financial aid yet...I would be uncomfortable taking out private loans for med school, and most private loans have a much higher interest rate than federal loans.

It is not ARCOM; it is NYITCOM. People said that the clinical rotations will not good for NYITCOM because most of the good ones will go to ARCOM and UAMS college of medicine. I think I am comfortable taking private loans if I need to.

Congrats to be accepted at PCOM!!!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I like the virtue lab for anatomy at BCOM. Will not doing dissection become an disadvantage? BCOM's simulation is amazing.

I only knew briefly about the simulation at NYITCOM because the students have not used it yet at the time I was there, so not that impressive for me.

Will a branch campus a bad thing? I know NYITCOM at Arkansas will have less option for a dual degree than at New York campus. It seems like that BCOM has more money investment in it than NYITCOM.

It is not ARCOM; it is NYITCOM. People said that the clinical rotations will not good for NYITCOM because most of the good ones will go to ARCOM and UAMS college of medicine. I think I am comfortable taking private loans if I need to.

Congrats to be accepted at PCOM!!!
Sorry, I meant NYIT-AR campus! and thank you!

BCOM has access to some pretty solid core sites (El Paso, Tucson, and Albuquerque) . If you want to practice within the general region, you'll probably want to go to a school within the area.

I was blessed to be acknowledged at NYITCOM Arkansas and BCOM. I endeavor to procedure to see which one I ought to go. I like Arkansas progressively when I drove around the city, yet the vulnerability about clinical pivot makes me stressed. BCOM appears to have the clinical revolutions prepared for its understudies. Understudies at NYITCOM were extremely useful. I didn't have an opportunity to converse with understudies at BCOM. BCOM is less expensive than NYITCOM, however I will have 10% grant and may have the establishment require based concede at NYITCOM. I don't know how much allow NYITCOM will give me. BCOM does not have the government credit until year 2.

I was blessed to be acknowledged at NYITCOM Arkansas and BCOM. I endeavor to procedure to see which one I ought to go. I like Arkansas progressively when I drove around the city, yet the vulnerability about clinical pivot makes me stressed. BCOM appears to have the clinical revolutions prepared for its understudies. Understudies at NYITCOM were extremely useful. I didn't have an opportunity to converse with understudies at BCOM. BCOM is less expensive than NYITCOM, however I will have 10% grant and may have the establishment require based concede at NYITCOM. I don't know how much allow NYITCOM will give me. BCOM does not have the government credit until year 2.

BCOM wins. Thou should endeavor to converse in the tongue of the current establishment.

Reactions: 2 users