BCP or Science?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tonerockyhorror

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been reading up on the ADEA website and noticed that math is considered part of science GPA. Unfortunate for me because I have a D in my very first math course taken my first quarter in college. This is a little irritating since this will bring my science GPA down from 3.5 to 3.0 before I even start my prerequisites. Does anyone know if the admissions committee will discount that grade since I did take it over and score higher on top of the fact that it was my first quarter? Also do they look more at BCP or Science GPA in making admissions decisions--obviously both are crucial, but is one more important? Thanks in advance for the help.

Members don't see this ad.

They take All grades into account no matter if u repeat them. However, getting a higher garde the second time will help lessen that D in terms of showing that u can do the material. However, it's still averaged in.

I would imagine that BCP counts more since any science course not immediately related to dentistry counts into the science gpa, like astronomy or geology. But i'm not sure. :oops: