Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

BCPM gpa and retaking courses?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical Allopathic [ MD ]' started by FishPaladin, 05.12.14.

1. SDN is made possible through sponsorships and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. FishPaladin

FishPaladin 2+ Year Member

I'm retaking two pre-reqs I didnt do too well (I got a C+ in both). I know that if you retake a course it basically averages out at as they count all grades towards your cGPA. I was wondering if this applies to your BCPM gpa as well, in that they count all science courses towards your gpa, retaken or not.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. gonnif

gonnif Only 1425 Days Until Next Presidential Election Lifetime Donor 7+ Year Member

Non-Student
    1) in AMCAS ALL courses no matter how many times you take them will count towards GPA, retakes included
    2) if you think you have an exception to that or you have a comment that starts with "but" or "what if", see #1

onyisraw likes this.
  4. Catalystik

Catalystik Providing herd protection SDN Advisor 10+ Year Member

Verified
    Physician
    Verified
    Faculty
    Even if your college does things differently and has some form of grade forgiveness, AMCAS will do their own calculations, as per #1 of gonnif's post above.

About the ads