Bcpm?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cougarblue84

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone clear this up for me please?

Dental schools take a BCPM, right? Is that for all dental schools, or do some only take BCP? Also, I heard they take two scores -- one includes half grades (A-,B+,C-, etc.) and the other only includes whole grades. Is that true? Anyone know?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

Dental schools take a BCPM, correct? Is that for all dental schools, or do some only take BCP? Also, I heard they take two scores -- one includes half grades (A-,B+,C-, etc.) and the other only includes whole grades. Is that true? Anyone know?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Im feeling extra charitable today, so i'll respond to you even though it looks like you go to BYU, and i go to Utah. Ha, jk. Anyways, all dental schools take a BCP, not BCPM. Then they take a seperate science gpa that includes more classes than the BCP does. Ive never heard of anything that doesnt factor in +/- grades.

Members don't see this ad :)
if BCM is bio.chem.physics, then what is BCMP?? never seen that one...

BCP is bio, chem, physics, which is what dental schools look at. BCPM is with math, which is what medical schools look at.

Hey thanks for the reply. A BCPM would include math classes, but apparently dental schools just take a BCP as well as another BCP that includes some other classes. What are those other classes? Where can I find this out? (We can put the rivalry aside until the football season starts up again, TSRshorty...) :)

i dont really understand your question? what do you mean do they take it? BCPM?

all i know is that AADSAS has a BCP gpa. i thought BCPM was for medical? i know dental schools look at the different gpas AADSAS gives them. i would guess the BCP gpa is pretty important. what do you mean take? AADSAS sends them your file and they look at it? i am not really sure what else you would need to know. i do know some dental schools dont use AADSAS. i dont know if they calculate the same gpas as AADSAS.

i also dont understand what you are asking about half grades and whole grades............

on my AADSAS application i had classes that i got As in and i also had classes that i got A-s in.

edit: i just saw the other thread............this is a double post?

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=517046