cougarblue84

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 5, 2008
Status
Dental Student
Can someone clear this up for me please?

Dental schools take a BCPM, right? Is that for all dental schools, or do some only take BCP? Also, I heard they take two scores -- one includes half grades (A-,B+,C-, etc.) and the other only includes whole grades. Is that true? Anyone know?

Thanks in advance for the help!

OP
cougarblue84

cougarblue84

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 5, 2008
Status
Dental Student
Dental schools take a BCPM, correct? Is that for all dental schools, or do some only take BCP? Also, I heard they take two scores -- one includes half grades (A-,B+,C-, etc.) and the other only includes whole grades. Is that true? Anyone know?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Tsrshorty

10+ Year Member
Apr 8, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Im feeling extra charitable today, so i'll respond to you even though it looks like you go to BYU, and i go to Utah. Ha, jk. Anyways, all dental schools take a BCP, not BCPM. Then they take a seperate science gpa that includes more classes than the BCP does. Ive never heard of anything that doesnt factor in +/- grades.

bigstix808

Mac Daddy Member
10+ Year Member
Oct 10, 2007
GA
Status
Dentist
if BCM is bio.chem.physics, then what is BCMP?? never seen that one...

Tsrshorty

10+ Year Member
Apr 8, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
BCP is bio, chem, physics, which is what dental schools look at. BCPM is with math, which is what medical schools look at.

OP
cougarblue84

cougarblue84

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 5, 2008
Status
Dental Student
Hey thanks for the reply. A BCPM would include math classes, but apparently dental schools just take a BCP as well as another BCP that includes some other classes. What are those other classes? Where can I find this out? (We can put the rivalry aside until the football season starts up again, TSRshorty...) :)

ummjoey

10+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2007
Status
Pre-Dental
i dont really understand your question? what do you mean do they take it? BCPM?

all i know is that AADSAS has a BCP gpa. i thought BCPM was for medical? i know dental schools look at the different gpas AADSAS gives them. i would guess the BCP gpa is pretty important. what do you mean take? AADSAS sends them your file and they look at it? i am not really sure what else you would need to know. i do know some dental schools dont use AADSAS. i dont know if they calculate the same gpas as AADSAS.

i also dont understand what you are asking about half grades and whole grades............

on my AADSAS application i had classes that i got As in and i also had classes that i got A-s in.

edit: i just saw the other thread............this is a double post?

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=517046