1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

BCPS Domain 3

Discussion in 'Pharmacy' started by msweph, Sep 6, 2014.

1. msweph

5+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Hey-- with the Fall 2014 BCPS exam coming up, does anyone have suggestions for how to study for domain 3? I find myself struggling with a lot of the questions. I know it is only 15% of the exam, but if I can spend 2 hours or so and bump the percentage of questions I answer correctly in this domain by 10-15% I will jump right on that. Content outline is below. Specifically #1, #5, and MTM relating questions.

Any help from people that have taken the exam is appreciated!

Thanks so much.

This is the content outline:
    1. National regulatory and accrediting agency requirements for preventing, tracking, and reporting new, unusual, or severe pharmacotherapeutic events

2. 02 Process/procedures for reporting to the FDA and other organizations new, unusual or severe adverse events related to drugs and/or devices

3. 03 Evidence-based clinical practice and patient-care standards

4. 04 Comparative effectiveness research/reviews

5. 05 Health system-based standards and Federal regulations (e.g., TJC, NCQA, OSHA,

CMS, HEDIS, LEAPFROG, HIPAA, FDA)

6. 06 Principles of medication-use evaluation and prevention of drug-related injury

7. 07 Performance improvement process

8. 08 Principles of formulary and drug use system management

9. 09 Ethical issues (industry interactions, conflict of interest, disclosure)

10. 10 Continuity of patient care (e.g., medication reconciliation, in-home medication

use)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. bacillus1

10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Just look at the ACCP review book, and it'll prepare you for all domains.

4. msweph

5+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I've read the review book. Some of the questions just seem almost random and aren't mentioned in the review book. Like what forms to use to report an adverse event to the FDA on?

5. mustang sally

10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Is that really all you need to be prepared?

Just curious, I am looking it from the point of view of someone who has not done a residency.
    I thought I remembered reading somewhere that the review class is good for regulatory and that kind of stuff.

6. bacillus1

10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I think that's all you need, as long as your job is pretty clinical in nature.