BCPS Exam: Oncology questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmacist912016

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I take the BCPS exam soon. ACCP study material has one chapter on oncology and its mostly supportive care (what to do with N/V, anemia, pain control etc.)

However, I took the ACCP practice test and there were questions on chemo meds that I thought were pretty detailed.

Anyone who took the BCPS...how well should I know oncology? Should I review all the chemo meds/ ADE? or will those questions not be on the actual exam? I am hoping it was just on the ACCP practice exam.

Members don't see this ad.

I take the BCPS exam soon. ACCP study material has one chapter on oncology and its mostly supportive care (what to do with N/V, anemia, pain control etc.)

However, I took the ACCP practice test and there were questions on chemo meds that I thought were pretty detailed.

Anyone who took the BCPS...how well should I know oncology? Should I review all the chemo meds/ ADE? or will those questions not be on the actual exam? I am hoping it was just on the ACCP practice exam.
That section seemed especially light on my exam. However, I could suffer a little from recall bias. I have an extensive oncology background.

How did you do on your practice exam ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,
I was thinking the same. ACCP mock exam was intensive with the regimens but the study material only reflects supportive care. Did the exam reflect supportive care? I am inquiring the same question for my test in two days. Thank you

Reactions: 1 user
Hello,
I was thinking the same. ACCP mock exam was intensive with the regimens but the study material only reflects supportive care. Did the exam reflect supportive care? I am inquiring the same question for my test in two days. Thank you

I took the exam last weekend. I felt that the ACCP mock exam overall had more oncology questions than I encountered on the actual exam. I do some oncology in my current job so the questions didn’t seem too difficult, but I also reviewed the oncology section of the Rx Prep book and felt like it gave an adequate review in preparation for the exam.

Reactions: 1 user
yea the oncology section on the ACCP practice exam was a little too detailed for me. I was just like wha.... too much.

the review from ASHP and ACCP is more focused on supportive care.