Somanyquestions

10+ Year Member
Nov 26, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
I graduated with a BS in pharmacy (1 yr before they made Pharm D mandatory) I'm currently studying for the BCPS exam for next year. I was just curious, if you had a BS and not a Pharm D, and had the choice of getting your Pharm D through a non-traditional program or just getting board certified, which would you choose? I have been practicing for many years, so the expense and time of the non-traditional Pharm D is kind of hard to imagine. I would think if employers had a choice, they would prefer an RPh, BCPS with many years clinical experience than a Pharm D with out the certification. (no disrespect to the Pharm D, just thinking of my situtation :) )Thoughts? Opinions?

Last edited:

razr

10+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
My advice would be to get board certification. I've been in practice for ~26 years and am pursuing this for 2009. Everyone is graduating w/a PharmD so board certification, IMHO, sets you apart.

razr

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.