BCPS Fall 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sld14

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else sign-up to take the BCPS exam in the Fall?

I am starting to get nervous about this exam already. I have the 2017 ACCP materials and have been sitting in on the VA BCPS review series.

How is studying going for everyone/how are you mastering the material? Thoughts from those who have taken the exam previously?

Thanks for any tips!

Members don't see this ad.

They wiped your board clean at the break?! Thats horrible! I probably would have started crying.
Yeah. They told me to bring my white board out with me for the break, and that I could skip it if I wanted to, but I had to come out to be logged off and log back on again. I told him I wanted to skip the break, and he said that he was required to wipe my board. Ack! I had all my formulas and a few evidence tables and guideline charts written on it for easy reference. I assumed if I skipped it, they would just let me go back in. I also gave up even trying to write all that out again. I was a little frustrated at the whole thing by that point :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Everyone at work keeps asking me! Im the only one to take BCCCP, and the only one to take any certification, actually. The only other person that's BC did it years ago and was hired with it so. There were supposed to be three of us taking it and waiting for results but as it turns out its just me. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 1 user
I took the BCPP exam September 28 and am waiting to hear for results. I know they say 60 days but it is a computer test. Even with scaling it I don’t understand 60 days

FYI BPS posted on their facebook page that results will be available in early December.

I took the exam Sept 28th and the 60 days cannot come soon enough, I just want to know already! T__T

I got some spam mail for some kind of loan and it said Confidential all over it without the BCCCP initials that made me get insta disappoint until I realized it was something else. :eek::rolleyes:

The geriatric scores came out yesterday. Last year BCPS was on 11/20 so it may come out tomorrow.

Last edited:
The geriatric scores came out yesterday. Last BCPS was on 11/20 so it may come out tomorrow.
Thanks! I have been really stalking bps website this weekend. I don't have my score yet (bcacp). How do you know geriatric scores are up, was an email sent, or did someone notice on their bpsweb account?

Members don't see this ad :)
Could still be true. I saw someone from a previous year say their score showed at 11pm

Last year (i didnt pass) my score posted i think in the am on 11/20 the day after bcccp score [other friends took it] My friend whose name is at the end of the alphabet was later not sure exact time.

Reactions: 1 users
Last fall's testing window was 9/22/16-10/8/2016...and results came out 11/20/16? That means Fall 2017 results should be out any time!! refresh, refresh, refresh...

This spring's test group had to suffer until the very last day, haha. Hopefully that won't be the case for us!
Ugh that would be awful!

Side note, I noticed that BPS removed the announcement that said scores will be released by first week of December. I also noticed that they put out a press release yesterday saying they promoted an employee. Apparently their priorities dont align with ours.

Ugh that would be awful!

Side note, I noticed that BPS removed the announcement that said scores will be released by first week of December. I also noticed that they put out a press release yesterday saying they promoted an employee. Apparently their priorities dont align with ours.

MAYBE they removed that announcement about December because the scores will be released sooner??
That’s the optimist in me.. :)
refresh, refresh

MyBPS website down this morning....
The website has been acting up since last night when I was checking. It went down a couple times yesterday evening. Hopefully they are updating some things (score results), but it likely just an increase in demand on their servers from all of us checking for scores frequently. We can hope though that they are uploading results. :)

I was actually hoping to have the results before Midyear for another thing to talk about during PPS interviews.

Last edited:
Hi All,
I signed up for the Fall exam but have not been able to study. From what I read, everyone is advising to study at least 4 months in advance. What are you thoughts on this? TIA
Hi
I took the exam and received my score just yesterday, I shocked for that unfair result as they failed me for 1 score only ! As I got 74 and it should be 75, I studied hard , attended the Boot Camp in Veges and reviewed most chapters of AGS syllables and did all the ASCP online courses.
Any other advice? As I will re take in the 2018 Spring
Thanks

Any of you have study materials recommendations (which organization)? I'm looking to take the Pharmacotherapy exam next window. PM me, thanks!

This is how BPS told us that there are no way to predict when scores are out o_O Good luck everyone

Agreed. I guess I will just sit here and hit refresh indefinitely...

I’m with you...waiting for BCPS results..refresh, refresh...

Has anyone received BCPS results yet??
It did seem like in past years they released all the other exams first,
I will try to go to sleep and not obsess..
Sigh

Maybe this is a good sign? Or maybe everyone is just checking so often we locked up the system.....

upload_2017-11-26_12-49-44.png

My BCPS score is posted on mybps. I passed! Yay! No email yet though, just logged in to mybps to check and it was there!

Reactions: 5 users
My BCPS score is posted on mybps. I passed! Yay! No email yet though, just logged in to mybps to check and it was there!

Darn...mine is still not there!! Probably alphabetical I guess..is your last name in the beginning of the alphabet?

Thanks for that update! I've been refreshing like a crazy person too. And I passed!!! Wtf I totally thought I failed it!!

My last name starts with L by the way. It literally just uploaded after I've been refreshing all weekend.
Thanks for that update! I've been refreshing like a crazy person too. And I passed!!! Wtf I totally thought I failed it!!

Whew, I passed as well! Congrats guys! I thought my heart might jump out of my chest as I was logging in!

Reactions: 2 users