BCPS recertification in </= 12 months. Doable? Best options?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

KnowledgeQuest

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,
I need to recertify by Dec 2024. My plan was always to re-take the exam. I was hoping to do the exam in Spring 2024 - but I did a specialty certification exam in the fall and missed the passing grade. So my plan is to re-do that exam in the spring when the topics are still "fresh" in my mind. Since I will be studying for that exam, it seems that I will now need to do my BCPS recert via CEs, so I am not preparing for two exams.
- Do you think it's possible to do all those CEs in one year (while studying for another certification exam for the first 4 months of that year)?
- Is there anyone reading this who has done all the CEs in </= 1 year? If so any tips? -
- Any suggestions on the best/fastest way to get all the CEs? At this point, my goal is just to get recertification off my to-do list, so while I want the most cost-effective method, cost isn't my primary consideration. The fastest/most time efficient options are my focus. Yes - I had many years to do this, but recall that my plan was to re-test, so that's why I didn't look at CEs before. In hindsight, I will just plan to do CEs in teh future and start early, since anything can happen when one plans to test. However, I am looking to move forward not focus on what I could have done before.

I know not everyone thinks board certification is worth the hassle, but that's a different discussion at this point. For me, it's something I will do. Thanks