BCPS recertification resources

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Any1410s

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

For those doing the CE route to renew their BCPS certification, what company do you use...and why? I'm torn about which one to use. I wanted to go ahead and start doing the CE so I won't be rushing at the end of the 7 years. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I am currently in the long arduous tortuous process of the 7 years renewal.
Yes, you should start sooner the better. Don't be like me - no do any for like 3 years and rush the last 4!
I use ASHP vs ACCP because ACCP requires you to buy sets and they expire at a certain period of time. You can buy sets in ASHP but I chose to buy the 2-3 years subscription package instead because within, it refreshes new modules every so few months. So for example, something in your life occurs where you really can't meet the package deadline, a new one pops up. Note: a module may be divided in a few different modules so even if you do 1 out of 4, you still can bank those hours (if you pass). The ASHP 2-3 certification subscription price tag is definitely intimidating but like I mentioned before: more flexibility.

Both ACCP and ASHP gives you a ONE CHANCE exam per sub module. The questions are as tough as the exam; I can't say it's easy unless you are an absolute expert in that particular field. It is not difficult to fail them.
If you do choose ASHP subscription, you are welcome to be part of a group that I am forming.....a BCPS ASHP recertification study group. The bigger the group, the more efficient. If you are interested, more details later.

Reactions: 1 user
Can either of you confirm whether the test is timed? I am honestly afraid to open the exam because I am unsure of how prepared I need to be. Can I open it and work on it over several days/weeks and submit when I am ready?

It seems there is very little information regarding these modules online. The lecture and slides provided are very short in length and do not seem to be an accurate predictor of difficulty based on Bbuster's comment above.

Thank god, the test is NOT timed.
You can spend as long as you want, save your answers, and go back to them to review before finally submitting them. Hence I am in search of people to review answers with. In the eyes of the question writer, they want the "best answer" not a feasible answer. In practice, I have often seen many answers as realistic options however within the confines of ASHP, there is only ONE.

As DS mentioned, it is true - the lecture and slides sometimes do not offer full value to the exams. Sometimes they are confusing and I have a need to search outside of what is provided. That is why they always send a "references" sheet, as I may vey well need to dig into them to get more clarity.