BCPS Spring 2020 Exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmdtobe1989

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone started studying? if so what material are you using?

Members don't see this ad.

From looking at the posts from 2019 it looks like the specialized BPS exam are usually released first. BCPS seem to be last. The BPS office opens from 8-5 so no need in checking in the late afternoon or evening. Not surprised if our results come out mid next week.

Members don't see this ad :)
From looking at the posts from 2019 it looks like the specialized BPS exam are usually released first. BCPS seem to be last. The BPS office opens from 8-5 so no need in checking in the late afternoon or evening. Not surprised if our results come out mid next week.

Very helpful thanks!! Just sitting here at the edge of my seat haha. Apparently it may show up on your BPS account saying your score before you get the email.

Members don't see this ad :)
going through my network on LinkedIn, I saw bcop, bcidp, bcccp, bcscp results come out so far. I think amb care may be next on Monday and bcps on Tuesday/Wednesday

Reactions: 1 user
going through my network on LinkedIn, I saw bcop, bcidp, bcccp, bcscp results come out so far. I think amb care may be next on Monday and bcps on Tuesday/Wednesday

Thank you for the info. Are you waiting for amb care or bcps ?

From the BPS website:

Spring 2020 Certification and Recertification Examination Results will be released on the following schedule:
  • Nuclear Pharmacy, Nutrition Support Pharmacy, Compounded Sterile Preparations Pharmacy – July 23
  • Psychiatric Pharmacy, Cardiology Pharmacy, Pediatric Pharmacy – July 23
  • Critical Care Pharmacy, Infectious Diseases Pharmacy, Oncology Pharmacy – July 24
  • Geriatric Pharmacy, Ambulatory Care Pharmacy- July 27
  • Pharmacotherapy – July 28

Reactions: 3 users
From the BPS website:

Spring 2020 Certification and Recertification Examination Results will be released on the following schedule:
  • Nuclear Pharmacy, Nutrition Support Pharmacy, Compounded Sterile Preparations Pharmacy – July 23
  • Psychiatric Pharmacy, Cardiology Pharmacy, Pediatric Pharmacy – July 23
  • Critical Care Pharmacy, Infectious Diseases Pharmacy, Oncology Pharmacy – July 24
  • Geriatric Pharmacy, Ambulatory Care Pharmacy- July 27
  • Pharmacotherapy – July 28

Called it!

Just checked myBPS a few mins ago and I passed the BCACP! Phew, it's been a year with Covid-19, best of luck to everyone!

Omg I didn’t think they would post at off hours, saw my result at 4:39 AM!! I passed as well, 544 so just barely haha

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I'm curious did they send the email out at that time? Or you just logged in and noticed it at 4: 39 am?
I didn't receive an email this morning about it. I actually looked at this page first to see if anyone saw their results yet and joined the bandwagon to log in and check.

Passed as well! I'm wishing everyone else the best!

I didn't receive an email this morning about it. I actually looked at this page first to see if anyone saw their results yet and joined the bandwagon to log in and check.

Passed as well! I'm wishing everyone else the best!
Thanks- hope the bcps comes out as early tomorrow as other tests.

aw man that's so heart breaking!! I hope the rescore works in your favor. How long did you study for and what did you use?

Thanks so much, I hope so too! Congrats on passing BCACP! :)

On and off since January - had some health stuff going on since beginning of the year and had surgery in April so it was kind of a mix of days I didn’t feel like studying then days I was on medical leave and was able to study (since I couldn’t do much else ahah). Used 2019 ACCP/ASHP chapters/slides/audio and some 2020 chapters/slides.

I applied over the weekend too. Worth a shot I guess but not sure how fast it happens

my friend who did a BCPS rescore maybe spring 2018? said about 2 weeks..
i keep logging in to check and today the pending review disappeared and just went to my completed receipts.. maybe they will be doing the rescore soon?

my friend who did a BCPS rescore maybe spring 2018? said about 2 weeks..
i keep logging in to check and today the pending review disappeared and just went to my completed receipts.. maybe they will be doing the rescore soon?

I think you have good material! I used high yield for supplementary and it really helped me to do the quiz bank!

Just checked myBPS a few mins ago and I passed the BCACP! Phew, it's been a year with Covid-19, best of luck to everyone!

Hi,
Congratulations on passing the exam!

Could you please share which references you used to prepare for your BCACP? Did you try any mock tests? How much time did you invest in studying each day. I want to take the exam in the Fall 2020.
Thanks.

Hi,
Congratulations on passing the exam!

Could you please share which references you used to prepare for your BCACP? Did you try any mock tests? How much time did you invest in studying each day. I want to take the exam in the Fall 2020.
Thanks.

I spent about 6 months. I needed ample time because I couldn’t study daily. Used accp and high yield. I highly recommend the high yield quiz bank. I would say know the treatment for every disease state, first second and third line.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats
So do you really recommend high yield ?

Yup the stats portion is awesome if you are weak on that... bcacp didn’t have a ton of stats but I like getting quizzed on the dz states so it was good for me. Bcps had a tons of stats when I took it several years ago