Be a blogger

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctaJay

bone breaker
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you were observant enough to read this post, then you will one of the first SDN members to receive their own personalized SDN blog. Just go to the following link:

http://studentdoctor.net/wp-signup.php

And if you want to be featured on SDN's site, and are willing to do the following:

* Display your Real Name on your Blogs
* On your “About” page, display (at least) your picture and your current academic institution (college, medical school, residency field, etc.)
* Post at least once every 2 months

Then e-mail us at [email protected] with your:

1. Name
2. Desired Blog category
3. Current academic institution (or residency, or profession, or PGY number, etc.)
4. A head shot picture (if available)
5. Your graduation year
6. The URL to your current SDN Blog (yourname.studentdoctor.net)

Members don't see this ad.

Couldn't there potentially be problems with this, especially with MSTP applicants? The number of applicants is so small, so its possible and ADCOM could track us down by finding our name on a blog and read it. I would love to track my experiance over the next year, especially because I hope it would help other people applying for non-sceince MD/PhDs, but I don't want it to affect my application.

To answer the question of anonymoitey, we understand that especially those folks that deal with patients or have other special circumstances wouldn't want their names displayed. So for these certain groups that still want to be a Featured Blogger, we are allowing the option of you choosing either display your picture and a screen name in place of your real name, OR display your real name, but no picture. If neither of these won't work for you, then you can still blog on SDN Blogs, but it just won't show up as a featured blog. I hope this cleared up somethings!