Be Honest - Who's Still Shuffling Their ROL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sudaaaamnadex

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Stop it. Seriously, just stop it...
...No, but seriously-seriously let us help.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I am. I have all my interview day folders laid out on my floor, and just keep shuffling them around to see what looks the best. I'm freaking out man, I don't know what I want...

Reactions: 4 users
I am. I have all my interview day folders laid out on my floor, and just keep shuffling them around to see what looks the best. I'm freaking out man, I don't know what I want...

Look past the residency and ask where you plan to practice in real life. That many help narrow the choice down for you. Plus, if it's a top 15 program then does it really matter that much in the scheme of things?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Okay, somebody help me: I currently have UCSF > UCLA > MGH > UW > Duke > UPMC > BID > UTMB > Rochester > Dartmouth > Cedars. Other than my number 1 and a vague sense that I want to live somewhere warm and by the ocean, I really have no clue at this point, I've shuffled this sucker so many times. HALLLLLPPPP

Okay, somebody help me: I currently have UCSF > UCLA > MGH > UW > Duke > UPMC > BID > UTMB > Rochester > Dartmouth > Cedars. Other than my number 1 and a vague sense that I want to live somewhere warm and by the ocean, I really have no clue at this point, I've shuffled this sucker so many times. HALLLLLPPPP

Dartmouth is in BFE. Seems out of place.

SF ain't warm. Coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco . . .

Eh, compared to the frozen hellscape of the north, it's fine.

When is the deadline to submit rank lists? Back when I went through this process I never actually created a list until a week before it was due. My top 6 programs were pretty much a dead heat when I weighed all the pros and cons (academic prestige, quality of training, work environment, etc). In the end I gave more weight to which places I felt I wanted to live for 4+ years in terms of personal happiness and then just wrote down a list and submitted it.

I think it's more important to determine tiers within your rank list and make sure your top tier programs are ranked at the top. Most people would probably be equally happy at any of their first few choices and it's truly not worth killing yourself over nitpicky little details.

When is the deadline to submit rank lists? Back when I went through this process I never actually created a list until a week before it was due. My top 6 programs were pretty much a dead heat when I weighed all the pros and cons (academic prestige, quality of training, work environment, etc). In the end I gave more weight to which places I felt I wanted to live for 4+ years in terms of personal happiness and then just wrote down a list and submitted it.

I think it's more important to determine tiers within your rank list and make sure your top tier programs are ranked at the top. Most people would probably be equally happy at any of their first few choices and it's truly not worth killing yourself over nitpicky little details.

in like 3 hours lol

If I had the chance to a Harvard program I would haha. Just my opinion.

I'm seriously second-guessing my entire life right now.

nice list, hard to go wrong but you won't regret living and training in SF right now. just an amazing city with so much going on right now. I don't get why cedars is below utmb, rochester, etc tho

Changed 2 programs 4 minutes before deadline :shrug:

Reactions: 1 users
nice list, hard to go wrong but you won't regret living and training in SF right now. just an amazing city with so much going on right now. I don't get why cedars is below utmb, rochester, etc tho

Me either, to be honest. I don't know what's wrong with me. I think I should have just done like a random number generator thing.

Relax and chill out. You'll be fine. I hope this neuroticism doesn't carry over for you into clinical practice or you'll never make any decisions. Go with your gut and best options, and move the F on!

I definitely had a couple hours of freaking out and almost moved Loma Linda to number 1. My wife talked me down and we ended up making no changes.